cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E/U3.1: Cannot load OC profile

Integral
Level 7
I bought a machine from VIBOX (a UK company), delivered assembled and overclocked @ 4.4Ghz, in Jan 2016
(Rampage V Extreme/U3.1, i7-5960X CPU )

It was delivered with Bios 1701

I had to update the Bios and chose the last version 3701.
Being pretty dumb with OC'ing, before flashing the new Bios, I saved the OC profile (I named the file VIBOX.CMO)

However, I can't load the file with Bios 3701 (don't remember the exact message, something as explicit as 'cannot load file')

Question 1: Is this normal ?
Question 2: If possible, should I go back to version 1701 ?
Question 3: Is there any way to read the content of the .cmo file ?
(I don't have the competence for overclocking my CPU myself)

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Integral 🙂

1 yes it's normal...the profile is for one BIOS version only...meant for moving between boards on the same BIOS or as a backup for same BIOS.

2 yes why not...at least that way you can load BIOS profile and write everything down. You said you "had to update"...if that is true use written down settings on latter BIOS but be aware some settings might have changed etc...BIOS behaviour can be different.

3 I don't know about that

Integral
Level 7
Thank you Arne.
1. "... for moving between boards on the same BiOS" is surprising, because I read everywhere that OC settings are all different, even with exactly the same hardware ... but ... ok !
2. Is it really possible to move back from Bios 3701 to 1701 ? I've read (on this forum, I think) that it is not possible to move back.

Thanks again for your time

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You're welcome!

It is possible. Use BIOS flashback method. It's not possible with EZ flash method in BIOS AFAIK...

Vlada011
Level 10
If you want to OC ask people will help you here with advices.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate.

In your bios select F5 to reset to optimised defaults.

Mode of OC set to XMP profile 1
Sync all cores
Set 44

F10 and exit. See how that goes. Once you have run ROGReal bench a few times and used your system for a couple of days if there are issues or errors post back here and we will help you out.

No need to over complicate OC'ing. Seriously that is about all 98% of systems need.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Integral
Level 7
Thank you to all for your time and help.
Regarding overclocking, I'll follow Hivizman's recommandation and see how it goes.
Actually I would be happy with 4 Ghz on all cores, as at 4.4 GHz the PC becomes *really* noisy.