cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GT AC5300 AI Mesh 5GHZ band 1 issue

Zombiesfeelpain
Level 7
So I got a AC86U to make an AI mesh system to fully kill all the dead spots in my house which it has done, however I have noticed AI mesh only works on the 2nd gaming band of the GT 5300 and switches to the 86U when necessary where as the first 5GHZ band doesn't, the 2.4GHZ band is fine, switching when necessary.

I have noticed Kitguru encountered this issue when they were sent review units back in April, the exact same config as mine, a little dissapoinbted Asus hasn't fixed this issue, anyone know any info on this issue?

Kind regards,
Marcel

https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/james-morris/asus-aimesh-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system-review/6/

EDIT

I also have another issue, my GT AC5300 every few hours keeps dropping both 5GHZ bands and needs a restart to be fixed, I have tried completely resetting the router but it doesn't fix the issue, this happens in both normal operations and when it's in a AI mesh.
2 REPLIES 2

cyberlipe
Level 7
there is a sticky thread on this router.
its riddles with wifi and wimessh and stability issues.
I`ve bought this in april-2018, and its been essentially a paper weight ever since.

Yeah I've noticed the other horror stories people are having, it's great, "When it works", have Asus actually acknowledged these issues since launch?

Or any new firmware insight that might fix both the wireless and Aimesh issues?

Kind regards,
Marcel