cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m.2 in Dimm.2 problem on Maximus 11 Extreme

f0r3s7
Level 7
Hi guys,
As i`m still new to m.2 and this is my first ROG product and i need a bit of help as I cant find answer anywhere and everything that i have watched and read doesn't help me to solve the problem that i have, so there it is:
I have Maximus 11 Extreme board and for the first time i`m using m.2 drive which is Samsung 860 EVO 1Tb. For some reason cant make the drive to appear in the BIOS. I have installed it on the Dimm.2 slot with the riser card. I have 4 other sata drives which runs fine but for some reason the m.2 making me problems.
I will appreciate any help with it because i don`t know what to do anymore.
I`m using the latest 0602 Bios from ASUS.
Thank you all in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ill bet your problem is a setting in the BIOS or if that board even supports a SATA M2. I don't believe any of them do on the DIMM.2 You will mostly likely need an NVME drive. Speed between the two is also horrendous! SATA=500MB/s where NVME=upwards of 3500MB/s depends on the drive and configuration. Pretty mush any Smsung drive past a 950 will work.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you enabled in BIOS as you are using the riser card.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi All
I am having the same problem, i am using the rise card with a m.2 970 Samsung, where is it in bios????
TA