cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC not reading HDD

raduc
Level 7
Hi. I built my PC about a year ago, and had no problems with it. A few weeks ago, the PSU died and I sent it to insurance. They couldn't fix it, so they sent me a new one, slightly different than the older one. I mounted it in my PC, and everything was going great, but for some reason, my PC wouldn't read my HDD anymore, and I'm still not sure why. I tried using different ports, cables etc but for some reason only one port worked. I also tried connecting my HDD to another computer, and it worked, then I tried a different HDD on my computer, but my PC still wouldn't read it. I tried reinstalling my motherboard's drivers, thinking that was the problem, but it still didn't work. Also, the HDD did not appear in BIOS.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

My motherboard is an ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
I can only guess. But it seems like your motherboard may have been damaged in some way when the PSU died.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I can only guess. But it seems like your motherboard may have been damaged in some way when the PSU died.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, but I wasn't sure.