cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme Aquantia AQC111C Random Disconnect

ritech
Level 7
i try driver 2.1.5.0 and 2.1.9.0, can't slove this problem.
when i use bt download software or movie , speed > 20MB/S, about 30 - 60 seconds show this problem.
Aquantia chip too hot?
intel 219v works good.
Asus must solve this problem as soon as possible.
11 REPLIES 11

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

1) Can you confirm if this happens at optimized defaults (no XMP)

2) What cable is being used

3) What device you are connecting it to
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

ritech
Level 7
1) Can you confirm if this happens at optimized defaults (no XMP)

all default config , no xmp

2) What cable is being used

dlink cat6

3) What device you are connecting it to

netgear gs108e and ubnt switch - 8

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Use the latest drivers 2.1.012.0 for Aquantia AQC111C : https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/aquantia-staging/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Aquantia_AQtion_Windo...

The issue was fixed with the drivers 2.1.010.0 (in red below on changelogs) :

Change log:

v2.1.012.0
---------------
Date 08.11.2018

- Several driver strings were changed
- Link Speed setting was changed for ASUS XG-C100F
- Passed WHQL testing for Windows 10RS5

v2.1.010.0
---------------
Date 29.09.2018

- Service name changed to match the driver name.
- Fix for receive path stuck under heavy load.
- Fix for statistics not reported correctly via WMI (MSFT_NetAdapterStatisticsSettingData class).
- Fix for flow control settings not configured correctly in some cases.

v2.1.009.0
---------------
Date 03.08.2018

- PHY temperature reported via WMI is always zero.

v2.1.008.0
---------------
Date 04.07.2018

- Changes in error handling for resource allocation. Previous version could cause BSoD

v2.1.007.0
---------------
Date 03.07.2018

- Added Tx stuck Firmware interrupt handler that triggers Tx path reset sequence in both H/W and S/W.
- Strict speed policy - only chosen speed is advertised.
- Perform NIC reset when PHY global fault is detected on AQC100 (Applicable to Aquantia SFP modules).
- Take control over eFUSE before reading (important fix for secure chips because driiver reads secure hash from eFuse).
- New Tx data path w/SGDMA.

v2.1.006.0
---------------
Date 26.05.2018

- Reallocate stale NBLs instead of using work item after suspend resume
- Major code refactoring

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for posting his.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ritech
Level 7
I have tested this version and the problem remains.

MRBULL
Level 10
anyone from asus working on this issue? that update didn't help anything at all ..

MRBULL wrote:
anyone from asus working on this issue? that update didn't help anything at all ..

Reports suggest the latest version of the driver from Aquantia should resolve the issue.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Zammin
Level 9
When I use the Aquantia 5G port for internet on my Maximus XI Formula I get all kinds of weird issues ranging from intermittently slow internet to games either not being able to connect online or taking forever to connect/load. Black Ops 4 won't even work through the 5G port and Destiny 2 takes forever to load. I was on the driver version released in September at the time. I haven't tried the one that was just released the other day since there were no details about what it fixes/changes on the ASUS driver page.

It says to remove the previous driver before installing, I have done a fresh install of windows 10 since the last time I tried using the 5G port. Can anyone confirm if windows installs a default driver for the 5G port and whether it needs to be removed first? Or can I just go ahead and install the new 5G driver? I didn't bother installing the driver when I installed windows because of the problems it gave me last time.

Zammin wrote:
When I use the Aquantia 5G port for internet on my Maximus XI Formula I get all kinds of weird issues ranging from intermittently slow internet to games either not being able to connect online or taking forever to connect/load. Black Ops 4 won't even work through the 5G port and Destiny 2 takes forever to load. I was on the driver version released in September at the time. I haven't tried the one that was just released the other day since there were no details about what it fixes/changes on the ASUS driver page.

It says to remove the previous driver before installing, I have done a fresh install of windows 10 since the last time I tried using the 5G port. Can anyone confirm if windows installs a default driver for the 5G port and whether it needs to be removed first? Or can I just go ahead and install the new 5G driver? I didn't bother installing the driver when I installed windows because of the problems it gave me last time.

PM me for firmware update tool to 3.1.88. Alternatively go to station drivers to get 3.1.56 FW.

AtlFlashUpdate Tool 1.2.1
===========================================================================
AtlFlashUpdate Tool release bundle for Aquantia NICs

Content:
Binaries: 1.2.1.0
FW: 3.1.88

1.2.1 [Initial Release]
06 June 2019
-------------
Core functionality:
* Firmware update to attached version
* Logging of diagnostic information, which is required for issues analysis

C:\AtlFlashUpdate>atlflashupdate.exe

Aquantia AQtion Firmware Update Tool [Version 1.2.1]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1 Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter 1.5.44 Available: 3.1.88 D108-00011D6A 00:17:B6:00:13:E9
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*** Important note ***
The network connection may be dropped during the update process.
Please complete all network activity before updating.

4. Select the adapter that has the older firmware (1.5.44)

Enter adapter number or 'q' for quit without update >

===
+ Adapter: Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit Network Adapter
|-- HWID: VEN_1D6A&DEV_D108&SUBSYS_00011D6A
|-- Backing up... [OK]
|-- Updating... [OK]
|-- New firmware version: 3.1.88
|-- Trying to reload firmware... [OK]
|-- Restarting device driver... [OK]
===

Firmware update finished!

Best