cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Tytan Question

Xoil
Level 7
On the ROG Tytan would it be possible to customize the internals of the case? For example change the motherboard/coolers ect...?
30 REPLIES 30

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can change the motherboard as you would in any case.

Are you planning on upgrading to the X79 platform?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Id be hoping to upgrade the Tytan to the X79 platform when its released yhea. And change the graphics card and cooling in the case. Just wondering if the 1 touch overclocking would still work or if it would need some changing.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK - the X79 has been around for nearly three months now so you are in luck. And most certainly if you changed platform you would need to do the overclock yourself.

But maybe we are talking at cross purposes, and I (or you) have not understood the other. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

If it was to change to the X79 platform and i was able to successfully overclock the system would i then be able to set up the one button overclock system?

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is your current CPU and what is the overclock on your current CPU?

If I know this it might make helping you a lot easier. The X79 is not the most simple of platforms to start learning how to overclock.

Im currently on a 2600k OC'd at 4.8GHz

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will not get any performance increase from changing your motherboard at this time. And unless you are a media encoder who renders 3D animation you will not need the extra cores.

Out of interest why did you want to upgrade? You have a pretty great system right now.

I do alot of 3D graphics rendering work and animations and sometimes the 2600k cant keep up, hence im hoping to move up to 6+ cores.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Wow HiVizMan you hit it on the head with that! Xoil is your workflow that bad? My suggestion to others in the Graphics industry is get a really good Dual or Quad CPU system and let it do the rendering for you or get a Workstation Class Video card which will help in rendering times a lot plus the benefit of FULL compatibility with the Software Package your using. ether way your looking at the same to a lot more as the Price for your upgrade which isn't going to give you much more speed. In your case it's not the CPU that's the Bottle neck but instead your Video Card. I dabble in graphics and Video myself but I do have a few contacts left to Professionals out there.