cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750JW Key pressed in and won't come up

Feizy
Level 7
I just purchases a used ROG G750JW, and the only problem is that one of the keys is pressed in and doesn't come back up. The key still works but it just permanently pressed down. If I had to describe it, it would be like a spring inside the key is broken and doesn't push it back up. Is it possible to replace just one key or would this require replacing the entire keyboard?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Sometimes removing a key cap will break the plastic underneath. Personally I would try cleaning it in case there is gunk preventing it from moving properly. Make sure the machine is turned off before using any liquids and only use something like a cotton swab. Use a hair dryer to evaporate any cleaning fluids before powering back on.

EDIT: No need to trash it; Clint has a better solution
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Clintlgm
Level 14
Feizy wrote:
I just purchases a used ROG G750JW, and the only problem is that one of the keys is pressed in and doesn't come back up. The key still works but it just permanently pressed down. If I had to describe it, it would be like a spring inside the key is broken and doesn't push it back up. Is it possible to replace just one key or would this require replacing the entire keyboard?

Sound like the hinge on that key is broken, this company sell replacement caps, hinge, and silicon ball the three parts that connect to the underlying keyboard circuit board, well work trying before trying to replace the whole keyboard. They have a very intuitive video that shows you how and where to lift the cap and remove it, then you replace the 3 parts and you're fixed most likely. Be very careful not to damage the hooks on the keyboard its self and that can result in replacing the entire keyboard. I know this works as I replace the J key on my G75 back in 2012 and it continues working today
https://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/asus-g750-laptop-keyboard-key-replacement/
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

xeromist
Nice Clint! I didn't know such a company existed. Glad to see someone has a better solution than throwing things away.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Nice Clint! I didn't know such a company existed. Glad to see someone has a better solution than throwing things away.

Yea it comes up every once in a while since I had the issue myself back in 2012 I remember the solution. Actually, there are at least two companies selling these, the one I got seem to duplicate the OEM Cap and is still being used by my sister in Florida.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro