cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquantia 10Gbe fix by disabling one advanced setting on the chip thru device manager!

CharlieH
Level 8
I was having issues with copying files down to my pc and with Hyper-V client internet downloads basically the speeds were close to 0.

I disabled the "Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4)" and problem fixed.

Just go to device manager, right click the "Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter" network device under "Network Adapters", select "Properties", and go to the "Advanced" tab.

This is on Windows 10 Feature 1809. I had some weird issues on 1803 too I assume this would have fixed those too.

If you run Hyper-V VMs do not create a virtual switch use the default switch. Although a virtual switch works it significantly slows down the network speeds down more than 1/2. Using the default switch gives you full speed/throughput. This affects the host and client even if your client isn't running.

Just thought I would post this out there for anyone having issues like me. One guy posted a while back he was dropping packets.

Also I upgraded to the latest driver you can get it here:
https://www.aquantia.com/support/driver-download/

pick AQC107 from the part number drop down to get the right driver

Use the 64 bit installer here in the zip:
Aquantia_AQtion_Windows_2.1.12\Aquantia_AQtion_x64_Win_ver_2.1.12\Windows Installer

unless you installed windows 32 bit then use the 32 bit installer
26 REPLIES 26

Hopper64
Level 15
Thanks for the insight. Did you install the new driver over the top of the old one? I actually did not uninstall the old driver first.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Thanks for the insight. Did you install the new driver over the top of the old one? I actually did not uninstall the old driver first.

Me too. This is my third upgrade of the driver always just installed over the top.

Hopper64
Level 15
Windows tends to try to install stuff so I beat it to it as you did. Thanks.*
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

restsugavan
Level 13
์Newier drivers from both Intel and Aquantia provide better performance. Intel i219 V also update same as Aquantia 107 for better working with
Windows Version 1809.

Aquantia AQ107n Driver 2.1.12.0 WHQL

Intel i219V Driver 12.18.18.4 WHQL
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

MoltenBinary
Level 7
CharlieH wrote:
I was having issues with copying files down to my pc and with Hyper-V client internet downloads basically the speeds were close to 0.

Just go to device manager, right click the "Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter" network device under "Network Adapters", select "Properties", and go to the "Advanced" tab.

This is on Windows 10 Feature 1809. I had some weird issues on 1803 too I assume this would have fixed those too.

If you run Hyper-V VMs do not create a virtual switch use the default switch. Although a virtual switch works it significantly slows down the network speeds down more than 1/2. Using the default switch gives you full speed/throughput. This affects the host and client even if your client isn't running.

Just thought I would post this out there for anyone having issues like me. One guy posted a while back he was dropping packets.

Aquantia_AQtion_Windows_2.1.12\Aquantia_AQtion_x64_Win_ver_2.1.12\Windows Installer

Did you notice you could no longer ping it with a wake on lan magic packet request to wake it from totally off once the driver was updated?

KroLeXz
Level 7
CharlieH wrote:

Folks like you that make the world a better place. Thank you for sharing, this fixed a very frustrating problem I was having with my upload speed being almost zero.

Is there a benefit to using Aquantia card over the intel one? They both read 1.0 Gps in properties.

Since we are on the topic

There is a newish F/W and associated drivers for the the R6E 10Gbit Ethernet chip: Aquantia AQC-107.

The AQC-107 F/w It is not a part of the actual R6E BIOS, but you can flash the chip from the windows command prompt with admin rights. Pretty easy actually.

See https://www.aquantia.com/support/driver-download/ for official driver download page. Select AQC107 (not any of the other variations like AQC107S or AQN107)
See https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=4125〈=en for the f/w

Latest Driver is version 2.1.18.0
Latest Firmware is version 3.1.90

I'm running this set up since September or so - no problems so far (not using Hyper-V )

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
That's how it works. I personally use Latest Driver Version 2.1.19.0 & Latest Firmware Version 3.1.90

OLD

NEW

Aysberg
Level 10
@Dimitrios1971 Where did you find the 2.1.19.0 drivers, looked everywhere, 2.1.18.0 is the newest I can find?