cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus centurion 7.1

Godes
Level 7
Hello , i buy the headphones asus rog centurion 7.1 instal all driver and i hear+see in the program 7.1 the music not work in 7.1(youtube\video and more) in BF5\Pubg i see only 7.1.....i dont can understand 7.1 work only in the game??because another virtual 7.1 wokr in all of the music
8 REPLIES 8

johnnyxtheman
Level 7
Godes wrote:
Hello , i buy the headphones asus rog centurion 7.1 instal all driver and i hear+see in the program 7.1 the music not work in 7.1(youtube\video and more) in BF5\Pubg i see only 7.1.....i dont can understand 7.1 work only in the game??because another virtual 7.1 wokr in all of the music

i have it how for about a 3/4 week now and at first i thought i purchased some garbits again, but after reading on YouTube over it i started tweaking my self.
so i started experimenting whit it by and it turns out that the EQ setting CAN NOT be above zero.
if you do, then i start pumping the volume back , even at low volume. at first i disabled everything like voice clearety, comp, basboost , virtual surround but stil crappy sound .

so after the tweaking now a am very happy whit it and now everything is enabled only the EQ can not be above zero., that is the slide on the EQ 64, and 125 hz .
i have the 32 slide allmost to 80% because i like base and is not coursing the pumping issue.
2e, you can put above zero al other slides but that depence on your like it.

but you realy need the comp on because it also puts some nice high end threble over the hole music or movie, and why that is i don't know because a copmressor should make soft sound louder and loud sound softer, but does not function as a EQ .

voice clearety does what is says but makes it also more mono.
itl least that's what is sounds like. so i have this only at 4% .

i have my slides on the EQ about -3db and now it sounds fantastic !!

now MUSEC MP3 are ofcause only stereo but can be better listend thtough the 7.1 option than the stereo option , it still sound must better.

but... something about the surround sound.
the way that our airs work is that we need 2 airs to hear distance and direction.
and whit an TRUE surround headset, the front and rear speakers are in both headset cups and are real TRUE , because i tested this in my DAW (sonar platinum ) wihts is surround capable, and i took the one air pillow from the cup to see the speakers and started testing speaker for speaker and it really is true surround so no doubt there.

but why i do not hear the spacey sound in my headset that i can here on my speakers ? (5.1 )
well , i think because the speakers on the head set are to close the the airs and therefore almost impossible to hear it.
so its not the headset, but our brain that has to decode the placement of where the sound comes from.
i have farcry 5 whits sound very good 5.1, whats is behind me, is also on the rear speakers. but in my headset i can hardly here it , and that could also be me, and maybe you can hear it, but i do just a little bit. i need more experiment whit this but i am sure that this is the best TRUE surround headset because every speaker front left, right rear, side lfo center are all seperate. so if this one is not working than all wil not work !

i heard something about phantom sound or dobly atlmosophere. and is virtual surround whits means they use only 2 speaker headsets and that should give this sound like it s comming from behind but that is just fooling you brain whits seems to be not working on me. because i still hear it from left or right, it is just panned hard left or right or somwhere in the middel of this so again i don't here this and you can find them on youtube like atmospheric trailers .

try them on just to speaker headphone whits ofcause you can do on the centurion also .

johnnyxtheman wrote:
i have it how for about a 3/4 week now and at first i thought i purchased some garbits again, but after reading on YouTube over it i started tweaking my self.
so i started experimenting whit it by and it turns out that the EQ setting CAN NOT be above zero.
if you do, then i start pumping the volume back , even at low volume. at first i disabled everything like voice clearety, comp, basboost , virtual surround but stil crappy sound .

so after the tweaking now a am very happy whit it and now everything is enabled only the EQ can not be above zero., that is the slide on the EQ 64, and 125 hz .
i have the 32 slide allmost to 80% because i like base and is not coursing the pumping issue.
2e, you can put above zero al other slides but that depence on your like it.

but you realy need the comp on because it also puts some nice high end threble over the hole music or movie, and why that is i don't know because a copmressor should make soft sound louder and loud sound softer, but does not function as a EQ .

voice clearety does what is says but makes it also more mono.
itl least that's what is sounds like. so i have this only at 4% .

i have my slides on the EQ about -3db and now it sounds fantastic !!

now MUSEC MP3 are ofcause only stereo but can be better listend thtough the 7.1 option than the stereo option , it still sound must better.

but... something about the surround sound.
the way that our airs work is that we need 2 airs to hear distance and direction.
and whit an TRUE surround headset, the front and rear speakers are in both headset cups and are real TRUE , because i tested this in my DAW (sonar platinum ) wihts is surround capable, and i took the one air pillow from the cup to see the speakers and started testing speaker for speaker and it really is true surround so no doubt there.

but why i do not hear the spacey sound in my headset that i can here on my speakers ? (5.1 )
well , i think because the speakers on the head set are to close the the airs and therefore almost impossible to hear it.
so its not the headset, but our brain that has to decode the placement of where the sound comes from.
i have farcry 5 whits sound very good 5.1, whats is behind me, is also on the rear speakers. but in my headset i can hardly here it , and that could also be me, and maybe you can hear it, but i do just a little bit. i need more experiment whit this but i am sure that this is the best TRUE surround headset because every speaker front left, right rear, side lfo center are all seperate. so if this one is not working than all wil not work !

i heard something about phantom sound or dobly atlmosophere. and is virtual surround whits means they use only 2 speaker headsets and that should give this sound like it s comming from behind but that is just fooling you brain whits seems to be not working on me. because i still hear it from left or right, it is just panned hard left or right or somwhere in the middel of this so again i don't here this and you can find them on youtube like atmospheric trailers .

try them on just to speaker headphone whits ofcause you can do on the centurion also .

Thx you for answer,i get the "True Sound 7.1" because i wanan hear this sound i tried down the Front vol. another speaker not working(central\sub\side\rear) only Front(in amost data(youtube\film online and more) only in the small circle work realy 7.1(BF5\Pubg) another game the speaker work at the stereo now im just ask if it normal?
bacause if i connect 5.1 speaker to the mother board that work(asus z270f) after that i just ask i paid 300$ for 7.1 and that work in the stereo....maybe just back the headset and take stereo + virtual sound ...i search realy 7.1 and that just work 7.1 when i hear music or see film...

Godes wrote:
Thx you for answer,i get the "True Sound 7.1" because i wanan hear this sound i tried down the Front vol. another speaker not working(central\sub\side\rear) only Front(in amost data(youtube\film online and more) only in the small circle work realy 7.1(BF5\Pubg) another game the speaker work at the stereo now im just ask if it normal?
bacause if i connect 5.1 speaker to the mother board that work(asus z270f) after that i just ask i paid 300$ for 7.1 and that work in the stereo....maybe just back the headset and take stereo + virtual sound ...i search realy 7.1 and that just work 7.1 when i hear music or see film...

small circle ? from sonic radar ? i don't use that, i have only looked at is ones.
did you enable on the unit the surround knob, it should be burning.
as the amp.
on my rog everything is same as on speakers.

playing an mp3 or YouTube are always stereo and i did this test my self in 7.1 surr on the unit and when i disable the front, than there is no sound so this means signal goes only through the front speakers like a regular headset.
but still sounds a lot better then when you put the unit in stereo... somehow it sound bad or none quality, but still have to experiment whit this.

atmosphere is only left / right, it is just surround simulation of the sound around us.and youtube only streams in stereo, not surround mutly channel.

when a game/ movie / music is in surround than you will see on the software that is is realy surround or just stereo and you can believe this because i tested this wit several files.
also is important what player you use.
i use the kmplayer whits is free, and is a sister of the vlc player and they both can do all surround formats.
if you want a test than try the film 13 hours, it is 7.1 surround en sounds very good.
on this film i have calibrated the software so that it sounds without distorsion or that pumping when second bas slide 64hz was to high.

and did you already tried my setup on the eq ? is it also pumping when eq is to high set ?

i remember that you have to choose the rog soundcart ingame.
wiht farcry 5 i did not need to do this, it auomaticly chooses it, and whan i play this game whit the rog software open, than i see all the sliede of the analizer working . (side/rear/front/cen/sub) all ar responding, when i should be only in stereo, then only the front slides wil response, so thas how you know if the game is in stereo or mutly channel

johnnyxtheman wrote:
small circle ? from sonic radar ? i don't use that, i have only looked at is ones.
did you enable on the unit the surround knob, it should be burning.
as the amp.
on my rog everything is same as on speakers.

playing an mp3 or YouTube are always stereo and i did this test my self in 7.1 surr on the unit and when i disable the front, than there is no sound so this means signal goes only through the front speakers like a regular headset.
but still sounds a lot better then when you put the unit in stereo... somehow it sound bad or none quality, but still have to experiment whit this.

atmosphere is only left / right, it is just surround simulation of the sound around us.and youtube only streams in stereo, not surround mutly channel.

when a game/ movie / music is in surround than you will see on the software that is is realy surround or just stereo and you can believe this because i tested this wit several files.
also is important what player you use.
i use the kmplayer whits is free, and is a sister of the vlc player and they both can do all surround formats.
if you want a test than try the film 13 hours, it is 7.1 surround en sounds very good.
on this film i have calibrated the software so that it sounds without distorsion or that pumping when second bas slide 64hz was to high.

and did you already tried my setup on the eq ? is it also pumping when eq is to high set ?

i remember that you have to choose the rog soundcart ingame.
wiht farcry 5 i did not need to do this, it auomaticly chooses it, and whan i play this game whit the rog software open, than i see all the sliede of the analizer working . (side/rear/front/cen/sub) all ar responding, when i should be only in stereo, then only the front slides wil response, so thas how you know if the game is in stereo or mutly channel

i tried that work better but about small circle i mind not sonic studio,i mind work 7.1 because alot games and music dont have 7.1

Godes wrote:
i tried that work better but about small circle i mind not sonic studio,i mind work 7.1 because alot games and music dont have 7.1

still don't know what you mean with that circle.
maieby you mena circle surround ? sound that is virtual spinning arround your head ?
that is what i don't hear or notest. and must be me.becaus the centurion has real 5 speaker per head cup so that not the problem.
even if i play a 7.1 surround movie. the rear and front "feeling"is not notisable on my ears.

indead al lot of games and especially old games do not have surround, but is already a long time going on in games .
i thing al least 10 years now . but not all game supports this. also new games . and now that this fake DOLBY ATMOS 7.1 SURROUND is comming up whtis is
still only 2 speakers left right. so must be working wiht normal headset but i don't notest that surround spinning like on a real 5.1/ 7.1 speaker setup in you r living room.

its a virtual sound so is fake ,, thats it. just fake rear and front speakers .. only side speakers that simulate the front and rear but like i said ... i don't hear it.

but sound alot better and sound more "spacy" or futher away or something like that... but circle surround.. sorry i don't notes it.

johnnyxtheman wrote:
still don't know what you mean with that circle.
maieby you mena circle surround ? sound that is virtual spinning arround your head ?
that is what i don't hear or notest. and must be me.becaus the centurion has real 5 speaker per head cup so that not the problem.
even if i play a 7.1 surround movie. the rear and front "feeling"is not notisable on my ears.

indead al lot of games and especially old games do not have surround, but is already a long time going on in games .
i thing al least 10 years now . but not all game supports this. also new games . and now that this fake DOLBY ATMOS 7.1 SURROUND is comming up whtis is
still only 2 speakers left right. so must be working wiht normal headset but i don't notest that surround spinning like on a real 5.1/ 7.1 speaker setup in you r living room.

its a virtual sound so is fake ,, thats it. just fake rear and front speakers .. only side speakers that simulate the front and rear but like i said ... i don't hear it.

but sound alot better and sound more "spacy" or futher away or something like that... but circle surround.. sorry i don't notes it.

Rear and side channels are not supposed to be noticeable at all times, same goes for home theater setups. Many people put their ears to rear speakers expecting sound to come out all the time, but those channels are supplementary and provides the element of surprise.

Try playing these using the Edge browser:
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_amaze.mp4
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_leaf.mp4
If using Chrome, download the videos first (bottom-right corner), and play the videos with the 7.1 button on the Audio Station enabled. You'll find that the videos are multi-channel, not stereo, and not virtual surround. You can check by disabling the front channels via software or the Audio Station.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Godes wrote:

YouTube does not have surround sound, uploaded videos claiming to have surround still play only in stereo. To play 7.1 or 5.1, both the content and the application/browser need to support surround sound.

Try downloading these (not stream):
They can play in surround in MS Edge but not in Chrome.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
YouTube does not have surround sound, uploaded videos claiming to have surround still play only in stereo. To play 7.1 or 5.1, both the content and the application/browser need to support surround sound.

Try downloading these (not stream):
They can play in surround in MS Edge but not in Chrome.

Ohh yeah that work!
i find surround in youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYz-fDX1bdM
not in chrome