cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG motherboards for x299 refresh?

Thomas_extreme_
Level 8
Are we going to get new ROGmotherboards for x299 refresh like a new ROG Rampage motherboard for example ROG Rampage VII???
8 REPLIES 8

btrach144
Level 7
Thomas extreme gamer wrote:
Are we going to get new ROGmotherboards for x299 refresh like a new ROG Rampage motherboard for example ROG Rampage VII???

Since the chipset is staying the same, any new mobo would likely be called Rampage VI Black Edition.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
for the moment i have no info on that. But who know, maybe on CES or another next year event.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

RichKnecht
Level 7
No news yet? Looking for a Rampage VI Extreme and there are none to be found. Seem to be on permanent backorder.

JustinThyme
Level 13
No new boards are on the block according to posts by ASUS Reps
don’t know what country you are in but plenty to be found in the US although for a hefty premium. They were scarce in the beginning and now again with the refresh release. **Some 3rd party vendors on amazon have them. You’d be surprised sometimes where you find them. I was going batty for over a month at launch checking several times daily as they would pop up and be gone within a matter of minutes. I found mine at Walmart website of all places and for $100 less than anywhere else.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
No new boards are on the block according to posts by ASUS Reps
don’t know what country you are in but plenty to be found in the US although for a hefty premium. They were scarce in the beginning and now again with the refresh release. **Some 3rd party vendors on amazon have them. You’d be surprised sometimes where you find them. I was going batty for over a month at launch checking several times daily as they would pop up and be gone within a matter of minutes. I found mine at Walmart website of all places and for $100 less than anywhere else.*

I tried ordering one through my local Microcenter and they told me it was discontinued. I found some on Ebay, but I am not paying $1300+ for a $600 motherboard.

RichKnecht wrote:
I tried ordering one through my local Microcenter and they told me it was discontinued. I found some on Ebay, but I am not paying $1300+ for a $600 motherboard.

Not discontinued. Im still seeing them but ASUS may be choking the supply to push the Omega. Its not because of age because the R5E is still widely available and thats X99

There is a website that saves trouble. nowinstock.net
If I were to buy an X299 in todays market it would be the WS Sage 10G or Id be going to the darkside......

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

RichKnecht
Level 7
BTW, the new refreshed Deluxe II looks like a nice board. Dual 8 pin EPS connectors and a 12 stage VRM with hefty heat sinks. One can only think that a new Rampage board is on the way considering the present Extreme version is no where to be found.

New motherboard is already out 14~19 January

Called : ROG X299 Omega

What i know at the moment they may dispatch old rog rampage