Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Database Error

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

I close my computer business today . I start to work for an ISP and Cable company tomorrow, it's a small cable company here, they hire me as manager. I will scedules the service calls ( installation, repair ) take care of the equipment, something relaxing. Their main office is far from here, Since it's remote here . I was servicing their servers and stuff since 10 years, so they know my temper....lol

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Sounds like a great job! Sometimes I think about starting a new Computer Store then I remember the all of the difficulties and that cures me for a while...lol I never did get along with working for others, I've always been independent even after I broke my back at work. Now days the only person I can really rely on is my Wife. She's the one that gets me working when I can and made the last business work even though it was a Charity Business, yes she's the smart one. Keep up the good fortune and I praise your for not fully retiring!

it's 25 years I have not work for someone else. but I will be remote.... some meeting time to time at the main office.

At least you won't have anyone looking over your shoulder, I guess that would still qualify for being Independent...but are you really sure you want to totally close your shop? I know there must still be a good Customer base that needs you and wouldn't go to anybody else. I have about 10 customers like that still plus family. Also you could claim your business is just for paying for your toys while the Management Job pays the bills... Just a thought.

My nephew work with me since 9 years, so he will continue from his house. I will not regret it since I close my computers store 5 years ago, I ike it less and less to deal with customers, they don't want to put money in their pc and mainly theyr network stucture. People don't want to pay for a software. If I want to keep my love for computers I have to sotp to deal with the garbages of peoples.....lol

I understand, Well the best of luck to you!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6