cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA3 support for new wifi6 routers?

tns49
Level 7
With some stores offering preorder, will the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 support WPA3? Either at launch or some time soon thereafter. Similar question for the already available RT-AX88U and of course any other models that may get an update.
10 REPLIES 10

Livefeed
Level 7
I have the*GT-AX11000 and as of now not supported along with AiMesh.

btrach144
Level 7
tns49 wrote:
With some stores offering preorder, will the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 support WPA3? Either at launch or some time soon thereafter. Similar question for the already available RT-AX88U and of course any other models that may get an update.

Other problem is that the client devices need to support WPA3 as well. iOS 12.1 for example only supports WPA2 right now. Same goes with pretty much every other device I own right now.

This will be a slow adoption.

btrach144 wrote:
Other problem is that the client devices need to support WPA3 as well. iOS 12.1 for example only supports WPA2 right now. Same goes with pretty much every other device I own right now.

This will be a slow adoption.

You have to start somewhere. I expect that my next Smart phone will support WPA3. PC's and MACs are expected to get updates that will work with at least some current wireless chipsets, or at least will work with addon wireless adapter.
I certainly would rather have my next router support WIFI 6 and include WPA3 support. At least some of the other companies have announce WPA3 coming in their routers.

Hello, has someone more informations about an update for existing routers. I bought a Asus ROG GT-AX11000 for 500€ and it would be great if an update will be released in 2019. I hope someone has more informations and can help me. Maybe the Asus Support.*

DominikG91 wrote:
Hello, has someone more informations about an update for existing routers. I bought a Asus ROG GT-AX11000 for 500€ and it would be great if an update will be released in 2019. I hope someone has more informations and can help me. Maybe the Asus Support.*

Hey, where have you bought it for 500 EUR?

stefan063 wrote:
Hey, where have you bought it for 500 EUR?

Yes. The shops in Germany want all 470€ - 500€. *

DominikG91 wrote:
Yes. The shops in Germany want all 470€ - 500€. *

Can you post link to some on-line shop?

Regards

btrach144
Level 7
Also, may I ask what stores are allowing preorder? I know Newegg has the COD version but I don't want my router to look like it was made for a kid.