cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL-503 Keyboard backlight randomly shuts off issue - solved?

cb_radio
Level 7
Hello there everyone,

I Recently purchased a new Asus GL-503 notebook to take around, edit some photos on the go and ofcorse play some games. however i am having a minor issue that is proving to be really annoying.

The backlight on the keyboard turns off randomly, and the only way i can get it to come back on again is launch the gaming centre software, open the aura config for the keyboard, turn lighting off and then back on, but still after doing that it will then randomly shut off once again, i really dont know what to do with this now, Wondering if anyone can help?
thanks in advance
Alex
3 REPLIES 3

Nihck5
Level 7
This seems to be affecting a lot of laptops which rely on the aura app and service for the keyboard backlight. There doesn't seem to any official word on it though. Personally, I have this issue on a gl504gm and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the aura app and service as outlined below, but it didn't fix anything for me.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036500

asit619
Level 7
cb.radio wrote:
Hello there everyone,

I Recently purchased a new Asus GL-503 notebook to take around, edit some photos on the go and ofcorse play some games. however i am having a minor issue that is proving to be really annoying.

The backlight on the keyboard turns off randomly, and the only way i can get it to come back on again is launch the gaming centre software, open the aura config for the keyboard, turn lighting off and then back on, but still after doing that it will then randomly shut off once again, i really dont know what to do with this now, Wondering if anyone can help?
thanks in advance
Alex

I too bought a new laptop , from past 2 weeks im getting this problem .. mostly this happens when im on battery once the backlights are off it dosent get on , i have to restart the pc or plug my power cord to get backlight wprk, called for onsite service they told their is no problem and must be windows problem ,reset it and it will work fine .After reseting for some time it was fine after 2 to 3 hours same backlight problem continues.It's very anoying to use keyboard in dark room.

i found that uninstalling the aura software that comes with it, and installing the old version (not from windows store) seems to work absolutely fine for me now, and i have not has the issue since doing ti