cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Independent Tab missing?

magn2o
Level 7
Maybe I'm nuts, but I can't seem to find an "independent" tab anywhere in Aura 1.07.22. The only option I have is "Sync All" -- as far as I can tell there's no way to independently control my AURA devices (specifically, motherboard, RAM, GPU, Keyboard, RGB_HEADERS). I do recall this being in previous versions of Aura.. has this for some explicable reason been removed? If so, why?
4 REPLIES 4

Abaidor
Level 9
There is no independant version per se in the form of a tab. You select an effect and then you can apply it in "All" or individually per component/component zone.

With that said I wish there was more control and fine tuning of the effects since right now it is pretty generic what you can do. Corsair iCue or NZXT Hue allow for far more sophisticated effects.

If the motherboard could be controlled through any of these applications I would switch immediately. Aura is something that does not impress me at all in its current state. It's a pitty though since much smaller companies have come out with much better solutions.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Abaidor wrote:
There is no independant version per se in the form of a tab. You select an effect and then you can apply it in "All" or individually per component/component zone.

With that said I wish there was more control and fine tuning of the effects since right now it is pretty generic what you can do. Corsair iCue or NZXT Hue allow for far more sophisticated effects.

If the motherboard could be controlled through any of these applications I would switch immediately. Aura is something that does not impress me at all in its current state. It's a pitty though since much smaller companies have come out with much better solutions.

Thanks for you reply, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the behavior for 1.07.22 unfortunately. There's no ability to toggle zones by effect. The zones at the top only have the ability to be linked or not, and their status doesn't change between the lighting modes. I do recall the behavior you're mentioning on earlier revisions of Aura, but it seems that's no longer the case with 1.07.22.

I find it boggling that no one else is mentioning this.

Abaidor
Level 9
I have not tested this version but if this the case I am not going to either.

But why did they remove this option? Instead of adding functionality they cripple more?
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

magn2o
Level 7
It would be swell to get an official word on this.