cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN for Asus Router?

kevin85
Level 7
As I want to encrypt my internet connection, To ensure my online security. I have decided to start using a VPN on my Asus router. But I am new to VPNs and do not know so much about them, That's why I need advice that which VPN Should I purchase for my Asus router, Which VPN will be easier to set up on it and also Lower in price with average quality. My Router is ASUS AC2900 also I am planning to upgrade it with Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

I have also searched a few VPN's from my self and have seen few VPNs are offering good deals on Black Friday. Like Cyberghost is offering 73% discount https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/buy-2/cyberghost-vpn-4, and PureVPN is offering 88% off on 5-year subscription.
http://purevpn.com/vpn-deals/lifetime
So Which VPN should I buy, Which I can start using it with Asus router easily? Or any other Good Virtual Private network you know works good with Asus routers? Also Please let me know if there is any good setup guide of VPN configuration on Asus router.
9 REPLIES 9

salmansam
Level 7
Pure VPN is good to go, it will support your Asus router and their support team would also help you. Not sure about CyberGhost however am not sure about their support, as never have had any experience with them.
This time these VPNs are available at quite cheaper .

More I know are Nord, ExpressVPN and Surfshark all are offering deals at the moment and these surely support Asus routers.

pudvos
Level 7
kevin85 wrote:
As I want to encrypt my internet connection, To ensure my online security. I have decided to start using a VPN on my Asus router. But I am new to VPNs and do not know so much about them, That's why I need advice that which VPN Should I purchase for my Asus router, Which VPN will be easier to set up on it and also Lower in price with average quality. My Router is ASUS AC2900 also I am planning to upgrade it with Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.

I have also searched a few VPN's from my self and have seen few VPNs are offering good deals on Black Friday. Like Cyberghost is offering 73% discount https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/buy-2/cyberghost-vpn-4, and PureVPN is offering 88% off on 5-year subscription.
http://purevpn.com/vpn-deals/lifetime
So Which VPN should I buy, Which I can start using it with Asus router easily? Or any other Good Virtual Private network you know works good with Asus routers? Also Please let me know if there is any good setup guide of VPN configuration on Asus router.

Hi,
I have just signed up with PureVPN, had a few problems but their backup is second to none. I could not get Pure configured properly, chatted to them and through 'Team Viewer', my vpn is all setup. Try them they give a 30 day guarantee and at 88% discount certainly worth a try. Nordvpn I did try but nothing but setup problems and no offer of real help. btw, I also have PureVPN DDOS IP.

jologskyblues
Level 8
I use ExpressVPN and NordVPN, both on 30-day trial. They both work with my Asus RT-AC88U since I set the client VPN settings correctly according to the instructions provided.

I like ExpressVPN more than NordVPN overall because I get faster performance and better connection reliability from my region from Express VPN. YMMV.

Thanks for replying everyone I have got the deal of PureVPN just for giving it a try, I will update the experience after few more days here also, this deal is still available here as they are offering discount on New Year also, if any one else want to get it, After trying it I am planning to try Express VPN also for comparision as many of you guys have mentioned it.

I'm very happy with my NordVPN subscription. Had no problem running using a client, or having the router manage the VPN OpenVPN connection.

My router is Asus GT-AC5300 with the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149. I setup this router as VPN client using the VPN Fusion OpenVPN configuration. I can confirm only Expressvpn and Airvpn works at this moment. Purevpn and Nordvpn, I tried and spent considerable amount of time on it but WITHOUT any success on this router.

The beauty of this router is its ability to have multiple VPNs from different service providers connected. Then you start to assign the clients which server to connect. I am now able to connect to two different regions Netflix subscriptions concurrently, download files from Torrent in non restricted countries, and setup some devices with No VPN setup to get the max data speed from my local telco.

Expressvpn subscription price is expensive and it is almost double of Purevpn, Ghostvpn etc. I still hope someone can find solutions to setup their openvpn on this router.

speed1m wrote:
My router is Asus GT-AC5300 with the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.45149. I setup this router as VPN client using the VPN Fusion OpenVPN configuration. I can confirm only Expressvpn and Airvpn works at this moment. Purevpn and Nordvpn, I tried and spent considerable amount of time on it but WITHOUT any success on this router.

The beauty of this router is its ability to have multiple VPNs from different service providers connected. Then you start to assign the clients which server to connect. I am now able to connect to two different regions Netflix subscriptions concurrently, download files from Torrent in non restricted countries, and setup some devices with No VPN setup to get the max data speed from my local telco.

Expressvpn subscription price is expensive and it is almost double of Purevpn, Ghostvpn etc. I still hope someone can find solutions to setup their openvpn on this router.

I tried IPVanish and got it working with Fusion. Now it drops out after about two hours. Talking with IPVanish support, they don't specifically support this router. I suspect the IPVanish server (any of them) I connect to drops it.

I switched to ExpressVPN (about same price as IPVanish) and now stay connected using Fusion. The speed is also about 25% faster than IPVanish.

Many VPN services do works with many routers, but due to nonproper configuration the vpn does not work properly, this why I always recommend following the guide of that vpn like if you are setting PureVPN than follow its Router VPN setup guide.

If you are having tenda router not working issues, you can resolve these issues with some simple troubleshooting steps. If you are unable to resolve the issues, you can try to reboot your device and check if it is resolved. You can also try to reset your device.