Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mariozamoramd View Post
    It's been exactly a month from when I tried plan C. Seems to be working so far. No Nitrous powered fans making airplane engine noises for now. Let's hope it works for good.
    Thank you. I will try this too then

New ROGer Array

Follow-up to Previous Posts : Beware, the problem will return.

Twice the problem has returned.

This time, I did the following:

1. Remove and reinsert the wire going to the left fan.
    2. Remove and reinsert the wire going to the right fan.
    3. Disconnect and reconnect the battery.

That's it. I'm going to bet that 6 weeks from now these steps will need to be re-applied. The application of the electrical tape may just be a red herring.

I know very little about electrical circuitry, but I bet the problem has something to do with some sort of electrostatic build-up related to the battery. I first got the problem after the laptop had been left unplugged and off for a few months. I don't remember what the battery state was when I turned it on, but the fans went crazy as soon as I started it up.

New ROGer Array

Angry The return of the problem. The fans strike back.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad56 View Post
    Thank you. I will try this too then

Well well. I guess after 2 successful months the problem returned. Running out of options, other than unplug-plug method which we all have to do periodically like the post above. Hate ROG. I actually consulted and brought my unit at the ASUS service center and they just claimed my BIOS is not updated so they check it is updated. They cant seem to figure out what's wrong and offered to ship my unit somewhere for checking but warranty is already expired thanks to COVID lockdown. So I guess I'm stuck with sh*tty device.

New ROGer Array

Can we just have a fan control app

I have this ROG GL-503GE with me for 2 years, it has been performing well, but recently, I am having this fan running at 7400RPM even when idle. The noise is just unbearable. Reading down the threads, I found out that it isn't an isolated case at all, many is suffering from the same issue. Can Asus just make a fan control app to make the life of all of us a bit easier?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by madbty View Post
    I have this ROG GL-503GE with me for 2 years, it has been performing well, but recently, I am having this fan running at 7400RPM even when idle. The noise is just unbearable. Reading down the threads, I found out that it isn't an isolated case at all, many is suffering from the same issue. Can Asus just make a fan control app to make the life of all of us a bit easier?

I don't know about your model but Armoury crate You can modify the GPU and CPU fan speeds via the manual setting.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Arm...Desk_Download/

If the software detects and supports of course.
    Last edited by KorosuKivy; 08-11-2020 at 03:20 AM. Reason: clarifcation

Moderator Array

Hello madbty,
    Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
    It is not about fan control. Thermal needs to be checked as well.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

I have tried the below as suggested in previous threads, it worked for me now, right now at 52C the fan speed is at 2600 RPM, when I was playing dota2, temperature went up to 80C and fan speed at 5400 RPM. It will leave it like this for the time being, may take it to service centre after the pandemic.

1. Remove and reinsert the wire going to the left fan.
    2. Remove and reinsert the wire going to the right fan.
    3. Disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5