cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with GPU Install. Unidentified Connectors?

Yosh303
Level 7
Hello! I got my GPU today for this new build and I have an install question. It's the ROG Radeon RX 580 8G Gaming with Aura Sync. The instructions that came with it are terrible.

Really I just need to know if the two 4-pin connectors on the internal end of the card are important. This is the Aura Sync compatible version of the card and they look like they may be RGB headers to connect to the motherboard (I have the Asus ROG X470 mobo). The appearance is 8 silver pins in a row, which I think are two sets of 4. They're separate from the power supply connector. There is no explanation in the manual nor any markings on the GPU itself.

Does anyone know if I need to connect the GPU to the mobo with a separate cable (or cables) to control the RGB lights through Aura Sync, or if the mobo picks it up automatically through the PCIe connection alone?

Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

Yosh303
Level 7
Okay, right after I posted this I figured out what they are. They are fan control headers. I forgot that one feature of this GPU is the ability to control case fans. I'll leave this thread in case it helps someone else!