cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zephyrus GX501 i7 7700HQ permament thermal throttling issue

KRollMaastaa
Level 7
Hello ASUS owners.

I have a problem with my Asus. While playing, the processor is constantly overheated (thermal throttling).
After sending the computer to the service for the first time (one month ago), they replaced the cooling system and fans.
When I sent it back a week ago, ASUS Poland (Zephyrus is from US, but i got 1y global warranty - so I RMA it in Poland) says that the computer had passed their tests and they did not see the basis for repair.
I also contacted INTEL UK and told me that thermal throttling should not occur.
How should I deal with and enforce the guarantee? Its important, because by warranty ends in two weeks ...
HELP!

5 REPLIES 5

KRollMaastaa
Level 7
*refresh*

KRollMaastaa
Level 7
*refresh*

KRollMaastaa
Level 7
*bump*

Download a program called thottlestop.

Clock Modulation 93%
Cpu core, cpu cash undervolt to -110.4Mv'

Mine works MUCH cooler, barely throttles.. It only throttles under synthetic tests not when gaming... THEN if you want to clange the clock modulation to 100% power, then you will need to REPASTE your cooling system with Liquid Metal. Dont do it your self, pay some one to do it if you dont know what you are doing.

Cheers.

Exception.E wrote:
Download a program called thottlestop.

Clock Modulation 93%
Cpu core, cpu cash undervolt to -110.4Mv'

Mine works MUCH cooler, barely throttles.. It only throttles under synthetic tests not when gaming... THEN if you want to clange the clock modulation to 100% power, then you will need to REPASTE your cooling system with Liquid Metal. Dont do it your self, pay some one to do it if you dont know what you are doing.

Cheers.

On mine seems that throtlestop does notting