cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix flare and Armoury [Resolved]

Cdr2129
Level 7
I got this keyboard in October, for a while every time I would boot up I would get a popup to install the app but it never worked on my pc. I just downloaded the updated app and all im getting is Please connect a rog armoury device. what do I need to do to correct this?
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
What version of Armoury are you running?
If you are using 2.06.06, please report any issues in the thread below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105007-ROG-Armoury-II-V2-06-06-Report-any-issues-here

Are you also running Aura software? Are your peripherals or headset synced/linked in Aura? If so, unsync them first.

Have you updated the firmware? version 0.00.35?

Please provide a screenshot of the error message.

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
Cdr2129 wrote:
I got this keyboard in October, for a while every time I would boot up I would get a popup to install the app but it never worked on my pc. I just downloaded the updated app and all im getting is Please connect a rog armoury device. what do I need to do to correct this?

Hi Cdr2129
First install KeyBot. Then Strix flare can fully appreciate the program Armory. I have the tastatuer only 2 days and I am thrilled;)

OLD

NEW

Hi folks.

I myself have a complete head to toe ROG system. I have been having issues as well with Asus Aura and Armory as well. I have tired everything and then some.

By pure "Fluke" I found a weird solution to make it work.

I have a PG258Q 240Hz Monitor and the USB cord going from there to my PC. From the monitor I have my Claymore Keyboard plugged into it.

I also have a secondary keyboard plugged into my tower PC/non RGB type.

Now surprisingly I can start Armory and Asus Aura Sync at the same time and it's been working great

I thought I'd let you folks know. If you need more details then pm me and I'll help where I can to explain further.

Cheers

Dimitrios1971 wrote:
Hi Cdr2129
First install KeyBot. Then Strix flare can fully appreciate the program Armory. I have the tastatuer only 2 days and I am thrilled;)

I got it fixed, what I ended up doing is using a pc that did not have any other asus software installed. Installed the app first, then plugged the keyboard in. it updated the firmware; moved it to my asus rig and is working fine. I can't tell you which piece of software was causing the conflict as I didn't remove it all.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you only want to use Aura in peripherals and headsets, then the latest version of Armoury is 3.00.14:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106730-ROG-Armoury-II-V3-00-14-incorporates-Sonic-Studio-R...

Glad you got it sorted.