Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalion View Post
    I can't exactly comment on first block iterations a decade ago, but modern EK blocks are all designed inhouse. I work in EKWB, thus I share with you my own knowledge. I mean I watch our RND guys draw the blocks in Solidworks and other things I know nothing about and do some calculations flow stuff etc.

If you check out a live sample Strix 2080Ti block was showcased ~2 months ago. The design was finalized, but production components were holding EK back.
    If you have issues with EK products, please contact us on Facebook page or over support tickets and we'll do everything to sort you out and fix whatever is troubling you.
    I did contact EK and got.....Check the news page.....Wheres the link to this showcase from 2 months ago? All I see is an announcement to a private invitation only viewing in a hotel room in Mandalay Bay.

Like I stated I cant speak for all blocks, just as you cannot.

Are you serious that a simple back has been a hold up for more than two months?
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 01-30-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I did contact EK and got.....Check the news page.....Wheres the link to this showcase from 2 months ago? All I see is an announcement to a private invitation only viewing in a hotel room in Mandalay Bay.

Like I stated I cant speak for all blocks, just as you cannot.

Are you serious that a simple back has been a hold up for more than two months?

Some of the delay is due is due to us. EK were in talks with us over a combined project. I don’t have to disclose the details, because it’s not anyone’s business. However, I do know EK designs their own blocks. You can choose not to believe that, but, from here on, keep those opinions to yourself, please. This isn’t the forum for it. The last thing we need is a legal wrangle.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 01-30-2019 at 06:09 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Not rumor, from a reliable source that reps both blocks..., just that the original design was indeed Barrows that has been around on the Asian market well before EK was founded. Barrow started up in 1983, EKWB 21 years later in 2004.
    Barrow started in 1983?
    http://www.barrowint.com/index.php/a...Ey6WBZuGY7FaRg

They say themselves that they were founded in 2010. But who am I to argue a reliable source.

Not PPCs and as stated its unethical to drag this person into mudslinging.
    Take it or leave it, think Ripley's......
    Facts remain. You want to prove it as rumor then be my guest, your claim to anything being factually incorrect is not plausible without evidentiary support. I trust the person who provided me with support more than an anonymous forum poster.

As for EK making some parts in china that's a bit contradictory to an earlier statement all designs and manufacturing are done in house. So who is right wit that one? You or the member who says he works for EKWB?

If the info is wrong then its wrong, just passing along what was provided by a reputable source. If its a lie, then they told it. I have no reason to disbelieve this person though nor to spread rumors. Like I stated I was dumbfounded myself.
    It's not mudslinging, somebody is clearly spreading false information that hurt the company reputation. And you're helping. If you're spreading the lie, you're equally guilty of it. But you can keep trusting your source, we'll just keep disproving all the "facts".

I said all EK products are designed inhouse. I never said everything was manufactured inhouse. Radiators are manufactured in China, everything else basically in EU. Every product has a clear writting where they were manufactured on the website.

Wheres the link to this showcase from 2 months ago?
    https://m.facebook.com/EKWaterBlocks...59733084715:45

@Raja and Varun
    Thanks for stepping in guys to correct the wrong. Much <3
    Last edited by Kutalion; 01-31-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Thanks for the link

Now if you guys are done mud slinging passing off things none of us know for fact, and I do mean NONE here is the C&P from the corrspomdance where I was asking about blocks for the strix, specifically the EK and my statement was Barrow looks like an EK knock off. Please stop reading things that are not there and making assumptions. I’ll leave it at*this

I didn’t just dream stuff up and I’m going back to the person and calling them out and see what they have to say, like I said, if any of it is a lie they told it.

“*. EK is supposed to have theirs out very soon, but they dont have an exact ETA yet... Heatkiller will probably be even longer of a wait as they aren't shipping any products to anyone until February or March since theyre so backed up. As far as Barrow being a knock off... EK and Bitspower both used to buy designs from Barrow, so technically EK and Bits are the knock offs XD Barrow's blocks are going to perform just as well as any other GPU block on the market, so I really wouldnt let that deter you from their blocks, unless you just really dont like how they look. In that case, you'll probably have to wait for the Heatkiller version.”

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Thanks for the link

Now if you guys are done mud slinging passing off things none of us know for fact, and I do mean NONE here is the C&P from the corrspomdance where I was asking about blocks for the strix, specifically the EK and my statement was Barrow looks like an EK knock off. Please stop reading things that are not there and making assumptions. I’ll leave it at*this

I didn’t just dream stuff up and I’m going back to the person and calling them out and see what they have to say, like I said, if any of it is a lie they told it.
    If you had practised what you're preaching in this post, none of this would have happened. For the record, here is what your post stated before you went back and edited it yesterday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Justin 2.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	78605

It states that you think EK licenses their blocks from Barrows. You subsequently argued with anyone that questioned the statement, demanding they post evidence, yet you provided none to substantiate your initial statement. And its telling you later removed the statement from your post. Now you come back claiming people are mudslinging. Quite an act, but the game is up. I can tolerate quite a lot, but I'm not up for needless disruption and double standards. Banned.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 01-31-2019 at 08:54 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

^This, except he edited it even before that as shown in the quoted section by the first post from the EK rep on page 2. Plus, I like how he has edited that post to link my own review now

ROG Member Array

Sorry for the late update, but I ended up getting a Founder's Edition and an EK block back in December and my experiences suggest there may have been something functionally wrong with that Bitspower Strix waterblock. I have been using an EK full cover block for my 2080 Ti FE and temps never exceed 40C in stress testing with my maximum OC under the same loop the Strix was in. Also note that the FE I have is flashed with the Galax 380W BIOS, so max temps here are much lower than the Strix and with higher power consumption. The Strix caps out at 325W from what I recall. I ended up getting rid of the Strix since I have no need for a second card and the FE I have outperforms it.

Keep in mind this is just my experience I am describing. I assembled and disassembled that Bitspower block multiple times and I kept getting roughly the same result with cooling performance.

EK has a Strix waterblock available for preorder finally, so it may be worth checking that out if you have the Strix.
    Last edited by gridironcpj; Yesterday at 06:44 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3