cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog Centurion 5.1 music side channel instead of rear ??

johnnyxtheman
Level 7
hi , i notes when i play an 5.1 music dvd from jean micheal jarre, the rear channel is send to the side channel ??

does anyone als have that to ?.
5 REPLIES 5

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Those channels are sometimes swapped by Dolby when using 5.1, this is not something we can change. If we swap them, then 7.1 will be messed up.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Those channels are sometimes swapped by Dolby when using 5.1, this is not something we can change. If we swap them, then 7.1 will be messed up.

oh oke.. i have notes that this week on playing a micheal jarre dts 5.1 and was now on the rear channel. strange that they do this .

and by the way.... i notes that the rog software looses contact with the rog unit .
when i turn the volume up or down or the button from headset to speaker .. it is not responding.
i have to exit it to fully shutdown en restart the program and works again ... and this happens often.

2e i love the headset but is the really no option to do something about the ear pillows on the headset ?.. because after an half a n hour it starts hurdling my ears a lot and is very irritating..
the ear is toughing the plastic because the pillow is not thick enough to get space between ear and the headset

johnnyxtheman wrote:
oh oke.. i have notes that this week on playing a micheal jarre dts 5.1 and was now on the rear channel. strange that they do this .

and by the way.... i notes that the rog software looses contact with the rog unit .
when i turn the volume up or down or the button from headset to speaker .. it is not responding.
i have to exit it to fully shutdown en restart the program and works again ... and this happens often.

2e i love the headset but is the really no option to do something about the ear pillows on the headset ?.. because after an half a n hour it starts hurdling my ears a lot and is very irritating..
the ear is toughing the plastic because the pillow is not thick enough to get space between ear and the headset

For the audio station, have you inserted both USB connectors into the PC?
You can try the modified firmware also:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

For the fit, the only thing you can do is try swapping the protein leather and mesh cushions.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
For the audio station, have you inserted both USB connectors into the PC?
You can try the modified firmware also:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

For the fit, the only thing you can do is try swapping the protein leather and mesh cushions.

it is oke now, i swapt the side/rear channel from my speaker setup . but what this has to do whit the headset i don't know but now 5.1 is now rear on rear channel. so somehow that solved it.

but found an other problem while gaming.

suddenly sound disappears but headset is still working oke.

i went to the hardware on my pc , did a test there and the test bels of win 10 64b works fine (game is still running with no sound)
als o played some music with kmplayer and is also oke. so somehow the game (prepar3D flight simulator ) looses connection while gaming.
i have read more about this on other games in forums with the rog centurion.
also have farcry 5 but have no problem there.

some i read sound disappeard but comes back after a wile but on me it disappears and thats it, have to save game, restart game to get sound back until it disappears again.

johnnyxtheman wrote:
it is oke now, i swapt the side/rear channel from my speaker setup . but what this has to do whit the headset i don't know but now 5.1 is now rear on rear channel. so somehow that solved it.

but found an other problem while gaming.

suddenly sound disappears but headset is still working oke.

i went to the hardware on my pc , did a test there and the test bels of win 10 64b works fine (game is still running with no sound)
als o played some music with kmplayer and is also oke. so somehow the game (prepar3D flight simulator ) looses connection while gaming.
i have read more about this on other games in forums with the rog centurion.
also have farcry 5 but have no problem there.

some i read sound disappeard but comes back after a wile but on me it disappears and thats it, have to save game, restart game to get sound back until it disappears again.

If you are connecting speakers directly to the audio station, it is great when you want to switch between those speakers and the headset using the 'speakers' button. I would advise not to switch the rear and side channels because you'll have to switch again for different content and for 7.1 (will never be swapped). If you are having issues in only one game, then your best bet is to contact the game publisher directly for help.