cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL504GM Hero 2 lagging , fps drop in game

Aynul_Huda
Level 7
Hello,

I just bought ASUS GL504GM (Hero 2) last week, I was facing an annoying lagging while gaming in almost all the games. FPS drops for some reason for few seconds and CPU temperature goes up to 80 at the same time and drops back down instantly to 70. I was able to reduce it by disabling Turbo using Throttlestop, CPU temperature went max 65 while playing Battlefield 1 (in Ultra mode).

Unfortunately the lag seems to occur even while the laptop is in normal mode.

This is really frustrating . Need help badly.

Thank You
6 REPLIES 6

Vsparda
Level 7
Aynul Huda wrote:
Hello,

I just bought ASUS GL504GM (Hero 2) last week, I was facing an annoying lagging while gaming in almost all the games. FPS drops for some reason for few seconds and CPU temperature goes up to 80 at the same time and drops back down instantly to 70. I was able to reduce it by disabling Turbo using Throttlestop, CPU temperature went max 65 while playing Battlefield 1 (in Ultra mode).

Unfortunately the lag seems to occur even while the laptop is in normal mode.

This is really frustrating . Need help badly.

Thank You

hey men can u send me link of the throttle stop so that i can download it also i am having same problem as yours we have the same unit and same problem

Vsparda wrote:
hey men can u send me link of the throttle stop so that i can download it also i am having same problem as yours we have the same unit and same problem

The link has been given below
ThrottleStop : https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Alternative solution: (recommended)
1. Restore your power plans to default
2. Select power mode to "Better Performance"
3. Keep your fan mode to "silent

Let me know if it is working or not ?

Result :
FPS Drop Reduced , Good CPU temperature (MAX 72)

Aynul Huda wrote:
The link has been given below
ThrottleStop : https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Alternative solution: (recommended)
1. Restore your power plans to default
2. Select power mode to "Better Performance"
3. Keep your fan mode to "silent

Let me know if it is working or not ?

Result :
FPS Drop Reduced , Good CPU temperature (MAX 72)

it works tho but is this really normal? i mean because i bought it like a month ago everything was fine i didnt even tweak anything with it but i was just wondering if this is really a hardware defect? or just a simple update of version of driver? because when i compare playing it in silent mode i get the feeling it has no smooth gameplay compared to balance mode were you play games very smoothly

And i noticed something when i tried running benchmark of AC origins i saw the graph of my GPU is unstable like the grid lines are going from highest to lowest compared to my CPU graph is it possible that my GPU is the one that is causing the FPS drops? and maybe somehow how can i fix this???

Vsparda wrote:
And i noticed something when i tried running benchmark of AC origins i saw the graph of my GPU is unstable like the grid lines are going from highest to lowest compared to my CPU graph is it possible that my GPU is the one that is causing the FPS drops? and maybe somehow how can i fix this???

This is something similar that i am facing in AC odyssey. FPS is not stable, I am guessing the problem could be with the cpu due to turbo boost. Don't know is it a hardware issue or software.

Did you try to contact ASUS service center? I might take this back .

Btw try to uninstall SS3 and SR3 also disable the nahimic service.

Aynul Huda wrote:
This is something similar that i am facing in AC odyssey. FPS is not stable, I am guessing the problem could be with the cpu due to turbo boost. Don't know is it a hardware issue or software.

Did you try to contact ASUS service center? I might take this back .

Btw try to uninstall SS3 and SR3 also disable the nahimic service.

Me also i want to take this back to asus center and let them know the problem....
uhm not yet where do i find this SS3 and SR3? and how do i disable nahimic service??