Hi

I have a new build PC, specs are as follows:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x - Stock Wraith Prism Cooler
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-fi)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz
Samsung 970 Pro NVMe SSD
ASUS STRIX 1050Ti
Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus 650w

I noticed a couple of issue with the build. The first was that when booting for the first time it takes about 30 seconds before I see the ROG logo to get into the BIOS. When i restart the computer it's fine but on a cold boot it takes about 30 seconds.

The second is that I have a Q-Code 33 on the motherboard. In the manual i see it refers to CPU post memory initialisation. It also says 24 before it goes to 33

I've been able to install an OS and all the drivers are up to date.

One thing I haven't done is connect the 4 PIN power connector at the top of the motherboard as the Seasonic didn't come with that power cable. I do have the 8 pin power connector connected.
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That PSU comes with 2 CPU8/4 cables. If it didn't I would return it. https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold#cables

Always best to fully populate ATX headers on the board. Though I'm not sure that is the problem here.

If you reset BIOS to defaults and boot (F5...enter...F10....enter) does this still happen?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
That PSU comes with 2 CPU8/4 cables. If it didn't I would return it. https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold#cables

Always best to fully populate ATX headers on the board. Though I'm not sure that is the problem here.

If you reset BIOS to defaults and boot (F5...enter...F10....enter) does this still happen?

Thanks I'll give resetting the BIOS a go and see what happens.

The link you have there for the PSU is actually for the 1000 watt. I made the same mistake as well when i was ordering it but if you change it to the 650w (top right yellow drop down box) the number changes to 1 😞

martyd1901 wrote:
if you change it to the 650w (top right yellow drop down box) the number changes to 1 😞

Ouch...right you are! Darn!

Do you have windows fast startup enabled?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Ouch...right you are! Darn!

Do you have windows fast startup enabled?

I think i do could that also cause a problem?

With the psu cables i was gonna order a few custom ones of cablemod anyway so i can get one from them. there is enough room on the psu for the 4pin

martyd1901 wrote:
I think i do could that also cause a problem?

With the psu cables i was gonna order a few custom ones of cablemod anyway so i can get one from them. there is enough room on the psu for the 4pin

Sometimes yes...it basically sleeps your system instead of turning it off and on wake up things can be unstable or glitch...

Eh? that PSU has two labeled CPU headers on it but only one cable...I'm shocked Seasonic...shocked!

Thanks everyone for you help looks like resetting the BIOS did the trick. I'm getting the 24 code now which I've checked a few places and seems to be the code that hands off to the OS.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah that PSU does have all the CPU ATX connectors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Windows fast start up doesnt really make much of a difference in start up speed. Desktops always take a little longer.
What happens with the fast start up is whatever drivers and and kernel is resident gets dumped into the hiberfil.sys file thats the same one used for hibernate then reloads it when you start the machine back up. If there was a problem it simply reloads it. It cause me nothing but headaches so its stays disabled.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

gupsterg
Level 13
Yeah 24 is right for Ms OS.

If you have the 8 pin ATX connected your good to go. The 4 pin is connected to the power plane in parallel, unless doing extreme OC (ie LN2) can be ignored. This post/thread is on C6H but applies to C7H as well, link.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video