cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x470 crosshair vii need serious help q code 8

SrAbsolution
Level 7
Hello, I am just installing my new motherboard and cpu, I bought a crosshair vii and a 2700x and have paired it with my rtx 2080,at the time of powering on im getting no post and no video, board shows number 8 on the left side nothing to the right.

I Have tried reseating my rtx and moving ram to different dim slots and even just keeping 1 ram stick.

Ram and rtx work as i used to use them on my Intel build before switching. I am in serious need of help.

I am using 2 3000mhz 8gb corsair rgb vengeance
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please check all PSU connectors are correctly fitted.
Make sure all CPU connectors have been used and not PCie connectors for example.

Clear CMOS

If all else fails remove everything including the CPU and motherboard from your case and place mobo on box it came in and use that as a work bench. Fit CPU again, one stick of ram and VGA.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please check all PSU connectors are correctly fitted.
Make sure all CPU connectors have been used and not PCie connectors for example.

Clear CMOS

If all else fails remove everything including the CPU and motherboard from your case and place mobo on box it came in and use that as a work bench. Fit CPU again, one stick of ram and VGA.

----

I made sure all PSU cables are fitted, I also removed everything and used box as a workbench, made sure everything was seated properly, everything turns fine and shows RGB, Ram, Graphics, just see that 8 to the left side, I am not able to get into bios as I do not show video.

I also tried clearing cmos, resetting cmos battery, flashing new bios with USB.

No avail.

I also removed everything but the essentials, graphics, one stick of ram and CPU.

At this point I'm at a loss and not sure what to do.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can you get into BIOS? Display in BIOS?

Is that on a clean OS install?

I keep getting q-code 0d on bios 1002, however for me bios 804 seems to be working just fine, so you could try using the bios usb port on the back to flash that version and then see if it boots for you.

Massi76
Level 7
SrAbsolution wrote:
Hello, I am just installing my new motherboard and cpu, I bought a crosshair vii and a 2700x and have paired it with my rtx 2080,at the time of powering on im getting no post and no video, board shows number 8 on the left side nothing to the right.

I Have tried reseating my rtx and moving ram to different dim slots and even just keeping 1 ram stick.

Ram and rtx work as i used to use them on my Intel build before switching. I am in serious need of help.

I am using 2 3000mhz 8gb corsair rgb vengeance

Hello, I've got the same problem.
I suspect it's because of the CPU.
Have you rebuilt water cooling?

check ur display port cable i got same problem with bad display port cable

Have the graphics card removed.
The same error message 8.
I think it has something to do with the CPU.

I want check the CPU.

Sorry for my Bad englisch

gupsterg
Level 13
Q-Code 8 has occurred for me for various things.

I would look at the Q-LEDs below Q-Code display to see if it helps in identify cause.

As OP you state RAM/GPU worked in Intel build it's unlikely they are faulty. As you have doubled checked connections, reseated, etc and still have issue it is more than likely a fault with CPU/MOBO.

You are not using a EK water block for build?
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Yes i using ek waterblock