Views:	0 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	79274 Gpu/Cpu-z
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	time spy 4k.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	79276 time spy score no o/c

alright so i bit the bullet and bought a rtx 2080. i was originally going to do it for the game bundle but, on ebay i found a kinda exclusive HP edition RTX 2080; the ooonly reason i say exclusive is because when i first saw it i thought maybe it was a fake because i had never seen that model before and after searching through places i shop (i.e newegg,amazon, best buy) i COULD NOT find this style for sale and even after the guy told me its hp i tried looking it up again and still nothing for hours till i finally came across this page for specs on it listed below, but no where to actually purchase it. i gathered it must come out of the prebuilt hp omen because that is the only thing searching it on any shopping site would give back after typing "hp rtx 2080" and the ad said it did come out of a prebuilt pc but didn't say which one it actually was. paid 610 +shipping so i think it was worth it.

so far I've had no issues with power consumption, although this could change after i try ray tracing enabled or and if i try overclocking . currently im using the 180+230w psu, but i did purchase the 330w psu before the i bought the card out of fear my current psu wouldn't be enough. it dosent fit in the little case for your power bricks so i wanted to test it with the 230w brick to see if there would be issues (this was before Spartans post) and I've had no problems so far.

link for specs on HP rtx 2080 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...2080-oem.b6679

ROG Enthusiast Array spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    MotherboardModded ROG G20Ci
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k
    Memory (part number)32gb DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080 Turbo
    MonitorROG PG27vQ
    Storage #1Samsung NvMe 960 500gb + 4 Tb Samsung SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 8 tb Hard Disk Drive
    CaseROG G20
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cyb0rge View Post
    no jumper switch?? What exactly was it that I did in this video? I have a g20. Aj and he was talking about moving jumpers so I did but maybe it’s not what I thought it was (2mins 40 seconds)

https://youtu.be/mssNpncUGXQ
    Different jumper switch with CB and Ci, not no jumper switch.
    In CB and Ci you can set the 2 power brick with divided power delivery, the 180watt brick can be set to pull only at 150watt to power up the cpu, and the 230watt power brick deliver 230+ 30watt(unused from 180w brick) to powering the GPU, so CB & Ci can use 250w GPU such as gtx 1080ti, but AJ cannot.
    Last edited by spartan_hoplite; 03-02-2019 at 04:59 PM.

spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    MonitorROG PG27vQ
    CaseROG G20
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    OS Windows 10 Pro

so far I've had no issues with power consumption, although this could change after i try ray tracing enabled or and if i try overclocking . currently im using the 180+230w psu, but i did purchase the 330w psu before the i bought the card out of fear my current psu wouldn't be enough. it dosent fit in the little case for your power bricks so i wanted to test it with the 230w brick to see if there would be issues (this was before Spartans post) and I've had no problems so far.
    thers no point if you change the power brick to 330w, because the powerboard limit of G20 is only 230watt, so if you use 330w power brick, it will only pull at 230watt.

ROG Member Array Cyb0rge PC Specs
    Cyb0rge PC Specs
    Motherboardcrosshair hero 7
    Processorryzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)f4-3200c14-16gtzr
    Graphics Card #1hp rtx 2080
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU Coolercaptain 360 ex
    CaseRog certified Deepcool Genome 2
    Power Supplyraidmax 1200 a.e
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    Headset Rog strix fusion 700
    Headset/Speakers Rog strix fusion 700
    OS windows

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    thers no point if you change the power brick to 330w, because the powerboard limit of G20 is only 230watt, so if you use 330w power brick, it will only pull at 230watt.

alright so im having problems with random black screens.. would you know how i fix this? also i can no longer access the bios as the computer now dosent recognize a keyboard is even plugged in untill after it starts loading into windows

spartan_hoplite PC Specs
    MonitorROG PG27vQ
    CaseROG G20
    Mouse ASUS ROG Pugio
    OS Windows 10 Pro

alright so im having problems with random black screens.. would you know how i fix this? also i can no longer access the bios as the computer now dosent recognize a keyboard is even plugged in untill after it starts loading into windows
    it must be pcie lane conflict. To fix that you need to go to bios setting with working keyboard, but you cant, coz your usb are not working when booting, so what you need to do now is take off your rtx 2080 first, and run your pc through intel integrated graphic, Plug hdmi cable to the integrated port.
    Now you can go to bios setting with working keyboard. Go to "advance", "pch storage configuration" then set "Enabled" on Pcie Nand configuration, save the bios setting, now you can turn off your PC and put back the RTX 2080.
    It should fix the random black screen and unrecognized keyboard as well.

Cyb0rge PC Specs
    Processorryzen 7 2700x
    CPU Coolercaptain 360 ex
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    OS windows

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    it must be pcie lane conflict. To fix that you need to go to bios setting with working keyboard, but you cant, coz your usb are not working when booting, so what you need to do now is take off your rtx 2080 first, and run your pc through intel integrated graphic, Plug hdmi cable to the integrated port.
    Now you can go to bios setting with working keyboard. Go to "advance", "pch storage configuration" then set "Enabled" on Pcie Nand configuration, save the bios setting, now you can turn off your PC and put back the RTX 2080.
    It should fix the random black screen and unrecognized keyboard as well.

Thank you ima try it as soon as I’m off work*
    Last edited by Cyb0rge; 03-04-2019 at 10:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Thank you ima try it as soon as I’m off work*
    Did it work?

I currently have G20AJ with GTX 1080 FE.
    Thinking about to try a RTX 2080

Cyb0rge PC Specs
    Processorryzen 7 2700x
    CPU Coolercaptain 360 ex
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    OS windows

Quote Originally Posted by ogkle View Post
    Sorry if this might be a stupid question, but would I have to get a male 6 pin to male 6 pin adapter for the 2080?
    yes, mine used a 6 and a 8

New ROGer Array

I've got a ASUS G20CB and for some reason, the thing burnt out 3 2080s already, first one blackscreened, second is stuck at 300mhz, 3rd one won't boot at all. the first two cards showed very strange power usage in GPU-Z. I use the 2 power adapters, I've done everything correctly. I managed to game a little on the first two cards but within 24 hours they were fried.

I've tried all 3 cards in a seperate PC afterwards, they are showing the same issues. Something on the card went out, ASUS delcared all the cards defective under RMA, they didn't determine a cause.

Cyb0rge PC Specs
    Processorryzen 7 2700x
    CPU Coolercaptain 360 ex
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    OS windows

Quote Originally Posted by Beeteez View Post
    I've got a ASUS G20CB and for some reason, the thing burnt out 3 2080s already, first one blackscreened, second is stuck at 300mhz, 3rd one won't boot at all. the first two cards showed very strange power usage in GPU-Z. I use the 2 power adapters, I've done everything correctly. I managed to game a little on the first two cards but within 24 hours they were fried.

I've tried all 3 cards in a seperate PC afterwards, they are showing the same issues. Something on the card went out, ASUS delcared all the cards defective under RMA, they didn't determine a cause.
    damn that’s horrible to hear man. You did change the jumpers for the power supply right? I was really wary buying rtx after I heard about the few confirmed bad graphic cards due to the on board memory. Looking back on my posts you can clearly see I’m no expert but I’d try completely reinstalling from scratch refollowing guides. I’m having a few problems but nothing on that level. The few black screens I’ve had were from me trying too overclock the card then after I hard restarted it I couldn’t get the card to power back on. After a few minutes of frantically panicing I took a look at the actual psu and discovered the lil green light wasn’t glowing anymore. I unplugged the power cord from the power supply waited a few seconds and then boom power was back to the graphics card.*

Idk maybe try that and in the meantime also try contacting nividia and whatever brand you bought if not a FE

I’m still having my same keyboard issue but I’m going to try like I told you a full reinstall *

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast