cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After reinstalling windows 10 on a GL502VS what drivers should I install?

Vertigorg
Level 7
HI!

I am new to this forum, I have an asus rog laptop (model GL502VS-DS71).
I have recently reinstalled windows 10 on the laptop.

I would like to know which drivers should be installed after a clean install of windows?
I have found the relevant page on the download center at ASUS's site and already installed the ATK and chipset drivers but there are several more and im not sure what is necessary..

I would like some kind of advice with your experience 🙂

Thanks in advance!

(The spoken page: https://www.asus.com/ph/Laptops/ROG-GL502VS-7th-Gen-Intel-Core/HelpDesk_Download/)
18 REPLIES 18

jdfrench3
Level 12
I would recommend you reinstall all drivers and programs from your eSupport Folder. You did keep a copy of your eSupport Folder?

In the driver subfolder you will find AsInsWiz.exe, this is the ASUS Installation Wizard. Run the ASUS Installation Wizard to install all your original drivers and programs.

Once that is done, check your laptop for proper operation.

Then return to the ASUS Support Website and upgrade your drivers and programs to the latest versions.

Don't have your eSupport Folder? Below is a German website that does. Please download the DVD ISO for your laptop, then make a DVD having the contents of the eSupport Folder. If you can't read German, download and apply a translator app to your browser (the actual DVDs are in English).

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10?start=10
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Vertigorg
Level 7
Well I assumed that everything can be downloaded directly from their website, as with most things today.

I really prefer not to download anything from a 3-rd party website which i cannot really trust doesn't contain any unwanted software..
I was hoping to get a sort of list that describe the drivers I need to install, can that be found anywhere?

So I guess you erased your eSupport Folder.

The eSupport Folder is found on all ASUS laptops as a means of recovering from a "FRESH" OS installation. There is software in the eSupport Folder that confirms the identity of your laptop and installs proprietary programming to run some ASUS software.

I'm just providing you an answer to your question. If you are not going to use any of the ASUS programs, download all the drivers you wish. If you are trying to restore your laptop to original function, the eSupport Folder is needed.

Remember when laptop came with a DVD having all the drivers and programs, ASUS now includes the eSupport Folder.

Good Luck

I just downloaded your DVD, it will take a double-layer DVD to hold all the data (4.98GB). There's a lot of stuff in that download.
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
So I guess you erased your eSupport Folder.

The eSupport Folder is found on all ASUS laptops as a means of recovering from a "FRESH" OS installation. There is software in the eSupport Folder that confirms the identity of your laptop and installs proprietary programming to run some ASUS software.

I'm just providing you an answer to your question. If you are not going to use any of the ASUS programs, download all the drivers you wish. If you are trying to restore your laptop to original function, the eSupport Folder is needed.

Remember when laptop came with a DVD having all the drivers and programs, ASUS now includes the eSupport Folder.

Good Luck

I just downloaded your DVD, it will take a double-layer DVD to hold all the data (4.98GB). There's a lot of stuff in that download.

Hi, thanks for your reply jdfrench3!

It is now clear to me why the esupport folder is needed, (as a replacement for the DVD that usually came with laptops).
I will attempt to mount the iso and install from it directly or just burning it to a doc with rufus and will reply here to log the succses/failure.
If that won't work I will just burn it as you suggested.

When you are talking about proprietary programming to run some "ASUS programs" could you describe more in depth what asus programs are actually provided in the esupport?

Vertigorg
Level 7
Well, heres an update I've downloaded:
https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/60-windows-10/798-gl502vs-treiber-dvd

and mounted it but when i run asus installation wizard it throws an error:
"The drivers in this disk are not compatible with your hardware."

Seems like it is not a good image

I have a number of ASUS laptops. I have downloaded DVD ISOs for each from this website. Each DVD made was successfully created and confirmed to work. (Win 7 - G1S, G60J, G75VW, and Win 10 - G752VSK)

I have also downloaded and made Win 10 DVDs for GL502VS and G703GI. Though I don't have these laptops to confirm they function.

Are you downloading the correct DVD ISO? (GL502VS driver DVD, version 2.0).

In Windows 10, simply insert a blank DVD+R DL into your CD-DVDRW, then right-click on the downloaded zip file and Extract the file to your choice of location. Then right-click on the ISO file, and Burn to Disc Image. Windows 10 creates the DVD. The GL502VS DVD ISO is 5.223GB large and will require a Double Layer DVD.
Homebuilt Windows Server

I don't know enough about your laptop or that of the VSK model to say using it's eSupport Folder files from the VSK model will do any harm. Do your research and confirm before you start installing programs.
Homebuilt Windows Server

If my recollection is right I too got a warning when trying to run the wizard from the mounted ISO. You need to copy and paste into a folder then run. I'm not familiar with your model but the original folder on my laptop is C: eSupport/eDriver, then all the files and folders are inside that. Create a eSupport folder, mount ISO copy and paste everything except I386 and windows folders, (exclude windows and I386 folders) unmount. Then run the wizard from your eSupport folder. You can uncheck applications and just check drivers the wizard will install all the original drivers, (the wizard will run, reboot, and keep installing everything checked) be patient. Then check and review the applications, choose what to install. Inside the esupport folder there are programs and installers that are available that the wizard does not install, some are for your model some are not. For example with my model there was dvd software, virtual reality software, and Asus japan language, and others not intended for my model. Use the ISO that matches your model.

tap002 wrote:
If my recollection is right I too got a warning when trying to run the wizard from the mounted ISO. You need to copy and paste into a folder then run. I'm not familiar with your model but the original folder on my laptop is C: eSupport/eDriver, then all the files and folders are inside that. Create a eSupport folder, mount ISO copy and paste everything except I386 and windows folders, (exclude windows and I386 folders) unmount. Then run the wizard from your eSupport folder. You can uncheck applications and just check drivers the wizard will install all the original drivers, (the wizard will run, reboot, and keep installing everything checked) be patient. Then check and review the applications, choose what to install. Inside the esupport folder there are programs and installers that are available that the wizard does not install, some are for your model some are not. For example with my model there was dvd software, virtual reality software, and Asus japan language, and others not intended for my model. Use the ISO that matches your model.

I Created C:\eSupport\eDriver and copied the contents of the dvd there, it still throws me an error 😕