cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help 5 way optimization stuck on 98% no mouse or keyboard input

ZZCOOL
Level 7
I did the 5 way optimization it clearly stated do not reboot and the stresstest has been stuck on 98% for probably an hour now I can't move the mouse disconnecting the keyboard and connecting it again made it just die keys no longer light up mouse doesn't light up either CPU temp at 60c

Specs Asus ryou and Intel core i9 9900k
7 REPLIES 7

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont trust that software. Its OK for fan speed control and to look but its best to make those adjustments in the BIOS. The 5 way obliteration always without fail yields lesser results than a manual tuning can do at a MUCH lower Vcore. Im taking it by now you have recovered?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Dont trust that software. Its OK for fan speed control and to look but its best to make those adjustments in the BIOS. The 5 way obliteration always without fail yields lesser results than a manual tuning can do at a MUCH lower Vcore. Im taking it by now you have recovered?

ended up forcing it to shut down tried again kept failing gave up i did a full windows reset and now i no longer have the program installed my degrees are at like 30 all the time so i guess i am safe?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah mate all good.

I don't really like OC ing using the software. BIOS is your friend when it comes to setting a solid OC with your hardware.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Yeah mate all good.

I don't really like OC ing using the software. BIOS is your friend when it comes to setting a solid OC with your hardware.

i was stupid to try the software again and i surely took the punishment for it

it froze 3 times during the optimization so i force shut down the pc (any permanent damage from doing that so many times as i feel it was more than 3 times)

after that it just wen't downhill now the pc refused to boot at all, it gave two different blue screens one of which said something watchdog timeout Another said unexpected kernel trap, i had to reset all of windows, i specifically chose to keep my files ofcourse i never got to keep my files .

so my question is during this did any of this cause any permanent damage or am i safe? i will never install ai suite again

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You won't have done any permanent damage. Just corrupted the OS. Just a hassle reinstalling. Hope you didn't lose anything important file-wise.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nah all good no damage - just enjoy once you done with the install.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.