cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ HDR Problem (It turns on and off constantly)

shankerz
Level 7
Hello, I bought a new ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ. I have a EVGA Geforce 2080TI ULTRA. As i play games like warframe with HDR enabled in menus, The game will run fine. Randomlly my mintor will go black and a red warning lable telling me HDR has been enabled. Then a minute later it turns off for a sec and turns back on with no label. Then again it turns back on with it being enabled. Same kind of message you get when you alt tab to destop and it tells you the warning mesage for HDR. I found in the monitor menu (Thing you get to with monitor keys on back side) a way to turn off the HDR warning, but then the screen still turns off and then back on during the game the same, just with no red bar showing me the HDR is enabled or disabled. Same problem just no warning bar.

Is this a known issue. Ive had it with destiny, and Battlefield 5, although in those games it happens like once every 30 minutes and then never again, in warframe its like every 10 sec, and annoying when your in combat.

PLEASE HELP! i want to use HDR its amazing and i love it!
16 REPLIES 16

shankerz
Level 7
Anyone any help please....

shankerz
Level 7
found a work around for games. Play in Borderless fullscreen mode. its like between windowed and full screen and the HDR window wont pop up and it wills stay in HDR. finally a work around

shankerz wrote:
found a work around for games. Play in Borderless fullscreen mode. its like between windowed and full screen and the HDR window wont pop up and it wills stay in HDR. finally a work around

This does not work in all games. This isn't currently working in The Division 2. I am constantly getting the HDR on and off message. Whole screen goes black and then comes back with HDR on / Off.

Even in borderless mode.

U would think ASUS would of fixed this by now....

I am having the same problem I just bought this monitor several days ago, and was playing Divison 2 and the monitor flickers on and off. I’m running a 9900x and RTX 2080ti, feel like I got ripped off a bit with a $2000 monitor that isn’t function as advertised. Is there a way to keep
HDR on and have it run at 144hz? Everything I’ve seen has it configured at 98hz with HDR on in Windows... what settings are you guys running on it and do you have a fix for the flickering? *

cyrax2768
Level 7
I myself am not having any issues with HDR but was wondering what your experiences have been with the active cooling fan? I've noticed over time the fan seems to be getting louder and it never shuts off even when the computer is shut down and the monitor is on stand by. Are you experiencing this as well?

Volt
Level 9
That sucks. You might want to try contacting ASUS tech support. There may be a newer firmware for it.

Psycrow
Level 11
I had 7 monitors from RMA swap..all broken. So i would call my self doctor expert on this monitors issues now

If your HDR turns on/off randomly then RMA it

And regarding the fan noise..yes even if you turn off the the pc then the fan keeps spinning until your monitor has cooled down.
This should only take 15-30 mins, but i tryed to wait over 2 h and then it stopped.

So i installed the monitors power cable in another wall power than the pc. Then i can turn off the monitor on the wall switch when im done gaming.

cl-Adrian
Level 8
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with HDR. The warning message can be disabled in the ‘System Setup’ section of the OSD). Are you still having issues? I would like to gather more information to better assist you,Â* please email me at cl-justin@asus.com

cl-Adrian
Level 8
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with HDR. The warning message can be disabled in the System Setup section of the OSD. Are you still having issues? I would like to gather more information to better assist you, please email me at cl-justin@asus.com