cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E Driver Support Page Windows 10

bmcbride1991
Level 7
I noticed on the driver page there is updated drivers the drivers are intel wireless and intel Bluetooth is this correct? Thought the board had Atheros
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/
3 REPLIES 3

G75rog
Level 10
Aquantia and Intel for LAN, Wifi, and BT per the manual.

G75rog wrote:
Aquantia and Intel for LAN, Wifi, and BT per the manual.

I tried manually installing the newly listed "Intel Bluetooth" driver for the R6E, and it was not recognized. The system only appears to have a "Qualcom Atheros QCA61X4A Bluetooth 4.1" device, which seems to have no proper driver update since original release. I'm kind of concerned by this discovery... OP is correct to be skeptical of these new all listed drivers...

Update: I also tried to manually install the older listed driver, which is also not compatible, as it turns out. Someone messed up royally here:

dru__ wrote:
I tried manually installing the newly listed "Intel Bluetooth" driver for the R6E, and it was not recognized. The system only appears to have a "Qualcom Atheros QCA61X4A Bluetooth 4.1" device, which seems to have no proper driver update since original release. I'm kind of concerned by this discovery... OP is correct to be skeptical of these new all listed drivers...

Update: I also tried to manually install the older listed driver, which is also not compatible, as it turns out. Someone messed up royally here:

Im thinking it should be just the Atheros driver. Still not sure why the new drivers are up on the page you think asus would pay more attention being we shelled out $700 for a motherboard.