cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Strix RTX GPU's?

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Hello all!
I was just curious to hear from the community about your experiences with the Strix RTX GPUs. Ive been building this new rig and a Graphics card was the last thing I needed. I ended up getting a Strix RTX 2070 08G OC for a great price on Black Friday. Should be arriving today and Im simultaneously excited and nervous lol. I know that some people have had issues with the RTX cards in general, there's been some buzz around the net of 2080's and Ti's from Nvidia) and their partners) dying on people suddenly. I wanted to see what the community's experiences have been thus far with Asus's RTX GPU's .
Good? Bad? Any input is appreciated!
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro
1 REPLY 1

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Dang, has no one gotten their hands on a RTX card to play around with?
I was keeping an eye out on good sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Ended up finding the Strix 2070 08G for a great price. Haven't gotten to test it out yet thanks to UPS destroying yet another package being delivered to me. Im getting the card in tomorrow and looking forward to trying it out.

I really wasn't sure what the best option would be. Supposedly the Strix 2070 surpasses the 1080 in performance and comes close to a 1080 ti. The deal im getting for the 2070 is cheaper than any 1080 I can find (and DEFINITELY cheaper than a Ti) so it seems like this would be the best bang for my buck deal. Im just weary about all this buzz about some RTX models suddenly dying on people...
The idea of future-proofing by going with the RTX is desirable. I don't get to do PC upgrades very often. Raytracing is pretty cutting-edge stuff and DLSS also shows alot of promise for current and future games.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has gotten any Strix RTX card and what their experiences have been so far?
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro