cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus XI Formula onboard OLED looks like broken.

Josebean
Level 7
Except the text that tells me CPU temp., everything else are very dim, barely noticeable, the ROG eye logo doesn't light up at all. OLED can only display cpu temp and nothing more.
There is no where to find driver/control software for this OLED control, not even the official download site. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7

JustinThyme
Level 13
There is no software/drivers. Its all in the BIOS. Check your configuration there. Default it should show Q codes during boot then display CPU temp. There are a few customizations other than the ROG logo at initialization but not many.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Josebean wrote:
Except the text that tells me CPU temp., everything else are very dim, barely noticeable, the ROG eye logo doesn't light up at all. OLED can only display cpu temp and nothing more.
There is no where to find driver/control software for this OLED control, not even the official download site. Please help.

The display is only so big, so can only display one item at a time. Have you installed Livedash? You can set it up to alternate between a number of presets, as well as change the logo. To test lighting and RGB zones, please install the latest version of Aura.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

JustinThyme wrote:
There is no software/drivers. Its all in the BIOS. Check your configuration there. Default it should show Q codes during boot then display CPU temp. There are a few customizations other than the ROG logo at initialization but not many.

The OP is talking about the OLED display, which uses Live Dash from within the OS
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thank you very much for the reply, gentlemen. I did not click "Show all" to search for other utilities because I thought it would only display older version of GameFirst. It is my fault. Now that I have Arua Sync and LiveDash, but all the RGBs are still very dimmy and subtle.Big ROG eye in the middle of the mobo is still dark or not bright enough for my eyes. I even turned off all other additional RGB in my chassis to bring down the contrast. Aura Sync does not have a dedicated setting in regard of that ROG eye, not even an option to light it up and it is a brand logo. I just wanted to know, that did I purchase a defective item? It's all my concern.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
No problem.

Within Aura, are all areas set to maximum brightness and saturation? These things can be subjective, so maybe take a photo once you've applied those settings.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
No problem.

Within Aura, are all areas set to maximum brightness and saturation? These things can be subjective, so maybe take a photo once you've applied those settings.

Here they are. My settings and the photo of my mobo in the dark. Lower half of the "ROG eye" presumably visible if it has RGB lighting at all, right? I don't know. (upper half of it is blocking by a display card)
Thank you sir.

This one is when "Sync at shutdown".

Josebean wrote:
Here they are. My settings and the photo of my mobo in the dark. Lower half of the "ROG eye" presumably visible if it has RGB lighting at all, right? I don't know. (upper half of it is blocking by a display card)
Thank you sir.

This one is when "Sync at shutdown".

The same problem here, and even worst.

1- The oled is not working at all.

2- ROG eye is not working.

2- The motherboard is restarting itself 3 times before it is booting normally. The problem it not from oc or something. I think it is from the motherboard itself.

Godria wrote:
The same problem here, and even worst.

1- The oled is not working at all.

2- ROG eye is not working.

2- The motherboard is restarting itself 3 times before it is booting normally. The problem it not from oc or something. I think it is from the motherboard itself.

I’ve got this same problem ROG logo doesnt work for me, and overall brightness is dumny to, another problem was on the first time, when i instaling Win10, there was no connection with lan cable or wifi, Windows show me only local profile during win instalation process, maybe there is something wrong with this mobo, because there is verry rare to find it in stock in any store... ethernet start working, when i install drivers, but only wifi, win saids that is something wrong with ethernet card, when i update win10 to 1809 lan is working, strange because my Formuła VIII works using wifi or lan during first instaling win 10 and during instalaction have some things updated and it show to log in my microsoft online account before win finish all