Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fullrom View Post
    On my latest exchange today I ended up citing this thread and another to the head of customer service on their request... Hopefuly they can spot your q&a where you actually detail what is wrong with the adaptable cooling algorithms getting messed up after some usage especially if the machine has been used on an inclined plane or on a cooling pad. They did insist on the fact the cooling system is a different one than the gm hero version... And in the meanwhile i've read gs scar owners reporting their cooling system got fixed by upgrading to the unofficial bios 307... #blep
    307 is only suitable for GTX 1060. Several ASUS employees received link to this thread - 110% ignore.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    I am a user of the GL504GM and it seems i am one of the few were the BIOS update 307 did not bring any changes. In BF V i have even on Low settings massive FPS drops. Last solution is to reinstall WIN 10 and if thats not helping i will send it back to ASUS.
    If you're going to reinstall windows, please if you can try installing as little as possible from the asus drivers, and play something asap, maybe there's some driver that 's scruin things up.

Quote Originally Posted by mdocevski View Post
    If you're going to reinstall windows, please if you can try installing as little as possible from the asus drivers, and play something asap, maybe there's some driver that 's scruin things up.
    For example: Intel Thermal Framework

Please join and sign following thread LETTER TO ASUS FOR ADDRESSING GL504 SERIES PROBLEMS [PLEASE SIGN]
    Last edited by McCoy; 02-22-2019 at 10:16 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    For example: Intel Thermal Framework

Please join and sign following thread LETTER TO ASUS FOR ADDRESSING GL504 SERIES PROBLEMS [PLEASE SIGN]
    Thanks for the reply McCoy. What do you mean with Intel Thermal Framework? How/where can i access that?

I tried a few new things: First i limited my max. Core Ferquency to 3700 MHz in the Win Energy Options, so its never on full turbo boost. This keeps the temps at 79-80 degrees en AVG. But XTU still gave me thermal throttling warnings at 79 degrees and in BF V, i got a lot of micto stuttering. So i unistalled ROG gaming Center, because i realized that this program warned me as well at 79 degrees. The micro stuttering is almost gone now in BF V.
    But know the Fan boost is kicking in kind of late. Do you know which software i can use to control the fans , besides ROG Gaming Center? SpeedFan is not compatible with my motherboard (GL504GM) i already checked it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for the reply McCoy. What do you mean with Intel Thermal Framework? How/where can i access that?

I tried a few new things: First i limited my max. Core Ferquency to 3700 MHz in the Win Energy Options, so its never on full turbo boost. This keeps the temps at 79-80 degrees en AVG. But XTU still gave me thermal throttling warnings at 79 degrees and in BF V, i got a lot of micto stuttering. So i unistalled ROG gaming Center, because i realized that this program warned me as well at 79 degrees. The micro stuttering is almost gone now in BF V.
    But know the Fan boost is kicking in kind of late. Do you know which software i can use to control the fans , besides ROG Gaming Center? SpeedFan is not compatible with my motherboard (GL504GM) i already checked it.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    have u tried pressing FN+f5??

Regards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS Intel Framework.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	79110

It's Intel software available at Intel first page.

ROG Enthusiast Array

what your saying this intel graphics driver needs to be uninstalled?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vsparda View Post
    have u tried pressing FN+f5??
    Yes i did, but the Fan "boost" is accelerating only to a certain extend, with ROG Gaming Center it was kicking in like hell and kept the temps low. But this program, as i said, causes micro stuttering on my system.

For now, til ASUS will fix it, i limited my max. core frequency of my CPU to 3600MHz to deal with the lack of Fan boost and to keep the temps low. Its kind of working.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok, i installed this driver. Should i uninstall it?
    Btw. should be this also mentioned in the energy options? I couldn´t find it.
    Last edited by mp271901; 02-25-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Ok, i installed this driver. Should i uninstall it?
    Btw. should be this also mentioned in the energy options? I couldn´t find it.
    Someone on 4pda said that it helps, however -> i didn't realise anything changed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast