Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    Hey,

i have a GL504Gm Hero 2 and faced the same problems. When i bought it everything was fine, temps, FPS etc (playing BFV btw). After two weeks everything went to s.hit, literally overnight. High temps, massive FPS drops etc. i did an BIOS update to 307 which brought some improvements at least to stuttering and some FPS drops (there are still there but not that frequent). But i am far from being satisfied with this machine.

Have you done anything besides the stuff you already mentioned? I am speaking of undervolting (CPU, GPU), locking the CPU frequency to 3.7GHz , etc.
    Never done any of these... My CPU is always locked in 3.7GHz no matter what I'm doing with the Laptop (sometimes just nothing).

Whats you can do for starters:
    Choose the Balanced mode in you WIN 10 energy options
    Then click on the battery symbol in the down right corner
    There it should show up an adjustable bar which shows "Best Battery Life" on the left and "Best Performance" on the right
    You should put in the middle where it says "Better Perfomance"

That signals you CPU that you dont want him to run at full power.
    I did that, but without luck. The only thing that is sort of working right now is to put maximum CPU at 99%. That way, my frequency drops to, as I assume, normal values (1 - 2 GHz).

When you are not gaming , you can put the Fan Mode in the Gaming Center to Balance or silent., while pressing FN+F5
    Yeah, I always do that. Sometimes the balanced mode works better that silent (more quietly). I don't really know why.

Which RAM mode do you have? Do you use single channel (1x8gb or 1x16gb, etc) or do you have dual channel (2x8gb or 2x16gb etc)Dual channel brings more FPS in CPU demanding games like BF V for example.

Regards
    Mine came with single channel ram (1x16 gb). That is a possible upgrade I have in mind.

Thanks for your help. Let's hope Asus so something about it. Meanwhile, if you have any other suggestion, I would love to try it.

Best Regards,

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by marcos-mcosta View Post
    Never done any of these... My CPU is always locked in 3.7GHz no matter what I'm doing with the Laptop (sometimes just nothing).

I did that, but without luck. The only thing that is sort of working right now is to put maximum CPU at 99%. That way, my frequency drops to, as I assume, normal values (1 - 2 GHz).

Yeah, I always do that. Sometimes the balanced mode works better that silent (more quietly). I don't really know why.

Mine came with single channel ram (1x16 gb). That is a possible upgrade I have in mind.

Thanks for your help. Let's hope Asus so something about it. Meanwhile, if you have any other suggestion, I would love to try it.

Best Regards,
    Well then i can highly recommand you this thread :

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...g-Temperatures

There are a lot suggestions how to deal with high temps. Its quite long but worth to read, there you will get to know everything about the program throttlestop, which you will need to undervolt your CPU.

Are you sure the your clock is locked at 3,7Ghz. Normally, when you havent changed anything, its 3,9GHz which is the max. boost clock for the i7. You can lock it at 3,7GHz to reduce temps and still have enough power to run current titles.

16Gb RAM or more is more than enough but you have only 1 stick of RAM which means you only use single channel mode. To unleash the full potential of your machine, dual channel is the better option. There you have 2 choices, either you buy 2x8gb and replace the 16gb or you buy en additional 16gb of RAM and add it. Just do the research whcih option is cheaper at the moment.

For explanations pls watch this video mentioned below it will show the huge differences between single and dual channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aPaj5QkmM&t=247s

ROG Member Array

New behavior

Today I found out that, apparently, the FAN has a huge delay, or maybe a buffer, to act.

I was finally working with my laptop with "quiet" fans, low temps and processor at ~2GHz.

I closed the lid and went for a brake. When I came back, the fans kicked-in real hard, even though the temps were low. And it stayed like this for about 2-3 minutes, before coming back to normal.

Looks like that, while the lid was closed, the fans were off and temperatures got higher for some unknown reason. Than, the fan "buffer" accumulated with instructions to speedup. When Windows were up again, it had to get rid of the buffer and it took 2-3 minutes (meanwhile, the temps were very low - 30 degrees - on gaming center). Very strange behavior.

The other possibility is that the ROG Gaming center has a big delay on showing information...

What do you guys think? Any of you had this behavior before?

Regards,

ROG Member Array

My FAN went crazy

Hey guys,

Now I think my CPU is really going crazy. It has accumulated buffer, delayed action or something like this.

Temperatures are normal (<40 deg) and it is in full speed. Then, when I do a stress test with ThrottleStop, the fan speed decreases!

Another strange thing is that Speed Fan shows huge values for fan speed: 4294967296 RPM. For those of you that understand, that is an equivalent of 0x1 0000 0000 in hexadecimal. Maybe the fan controller is overflowing for some unknown reason, but the only thing I know is that there is something really strange.

And the main problem is, I bought this Laptop in US and brought to Brazil... I really doubt they could fix this here, so I will probably have to wait for someone to go to the US and take it.

What do you guys think about this?

Thank you!

Regards

ROG Member Array

quiet fans!

Quote Originally Posted by marcos-mcosta View Post
    Another strange thing is that Speed Fan shows huge values for fan speed: 4294967296 RPM. For those of you that understand, that is an equivalent of 0x1 0000 0000 in hexadecimal. Maybe the fan controller is overflowing for some unknown reason, but the only thing I know is that there is something really strange.

And the main problem is, I bought this Laptop in US and brought to Brazil... I really doubt they could fix this here, so I will probably have to wait for someone to go to the US and take it.

Regards
    Hey Marcos, I am exactly in the same situation as you. I bough my scar ii in USA and now I came back to Brazil, I am living in Florianopolis. Really disappointed with ROG, never expected that. But fortunately I have stabilized my laptop last month.

About speedfan, forget it, it never works for me and yes, I ve noticed these crazy RPM numbers. I really dont know what it means.

Here it is everything I ve done to stop the crazy fans, not sure what exactly solve it.
    1) Update the BIOS.
    2) Fresh windows install and do not install any of the asus ****, install only aura and gaming center.
    3) Install Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver. You find it in https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...Desk_Download/.
    2) Use Intel extreme tuning utility to downvolt your CPU. I could downvolted -0.095 without any issue.
    3) Disable and set as manual all asus services: ASLDR Service, Asus HID, Asus LiveUpdate, Asus optimization, Asus System Analysis and Asus Sytem Diagnosis.
    4) In Energy options, set System cooling policy as passive and define the maximum performance as 99%, it is totally fine for daily activities.

Doing all that, my fan kicks in really loud only when I boot the laptop, after 10-30 minutes it calms down and stay quiet! Thanks god ! ! !
    Then, when I want to play or run some simulation in the laptop, I set the maximum performance as 100% and switch to the overboost mode (you must start the services ASLDE Service and Asus HID, otherwise you wont be able to switch to overboost mode). After that the laptop starts to be really loud but I dont care at all because I expect that, the laptop is working hard! What bothers me is when it is loud in idle.
    After gaming, I switch to silent mode, stop the services and limit the performance to 99% again. Then it starts to calm down, it is great!

Now, I kind of started to love my laptop again. hahahah. Next step I will repaste it all with cooler master, I believe it is going to help a lot as well, since ASUS use **s.hit* paste.

Last observation, when I boot the laptop and it starts to be loud, sometimes I run a stress test on it with Intel extreme utility and it stops after ~5 minutes.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,
    can someone please be kind to provide me link with original drivers and apps for asus rog strix scar ii gl504g ?
    gl504g is the model.
    I did download and install drivers from official website but they are for gl504GM. And clearly noting work as it should be. Graphic cards "intel" No control Panel, Nvidia - no control panel, Special butons on keyboards does noting. Rog buton noting. And Gaming center is like half of it.
    Please if you have drivers and apps for this version let me know.
    Thank you in advanced.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gushy View Post
    Hello,
    can someone please be kind to provide me link with original drivers and apps for asus rog strix scar ii gl504g ?
    You only need to go to https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/ and insert the model gl504g in the field "Please enter a model name"

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    You only need to go to https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/ and insert the model gl504g in the field "Please enter a model name"
    Thank you for your answer.
    I did that, but there is no gl504g model.
    When i click on drivers & manual it sent me to next page which look like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROG.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	79773

I did download and install from gl504GM, but .. no intel control panel. Special butons on keyboard does noting. Rog buton does noting also.
    Laptop work but i can't access anything.
    I did install Nvidia control panel from nvidia website, (that was the only way i find to open control panel) it show only 3 sections, but only intel graphic are green, Nvidia RTX 2060 is in brown colors.
    Is there a way to change default graphic card to be Nvidia RTX 2060 ? In bios ?
    any help will be appretiated.
    Thank you in advanced.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gushy View Post
    Thank you for your answer.
    I did that, but there is no gl504g model.
    GM is the hero, and not the scar ii. Gs I am sure it is one of the scar ii version.
    Are you sure your model is only gl504g? Open the gaming center if you could installed and take a look, In mine I see this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaming.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	79774

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thank you will try this.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast