Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112
  1. #101
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    It actually works. I joined windows insider program and it downloaded the 307 firmware. I don't know how this could happen but when you restart the notebook, it automatically enters in the BIOS and updates it (there is a message inside BIOS that displays the update progress).

    I will test this firmware and let you guys know. By now, my laptop restarted with GPU on very low, but hearable, speed. Let's hope it stays like this.

  2. #102
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by marcos-mcosta View Post
    It actually works. I joined windows insider program and it downloaded the 307 firmware. I don't know how this could happen but when you restart the notebook, it automatically enters in the BIOS and updates it (there is a message inside BIOS that displays the update progress).

    I will test this firmware and let you guys know. By now, my laptop restarted with GPU on very low, but hearable, speed. Let's hope it stays like this.

    Hi guys,

    i tried with bios 307 (insider), doesnt fix anything , now i have fps drop for 8/10 sec and back to normal for 2/3 mins, on game like PUBG i have 78 temp for CPU and GPU.

    With 306 bios my fps drop just sometime for 1/2 sec.

    When i put some fan above and under my 504gs, i have no more drop and 74/75 for temp.

    so we need to wait for asus and i think we can wait for a long long time, never buy asus again

  3. #103
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Hi guys, I bought my gl504gw and it stutters when I am playing games like Witcher 3 and BF1. Does anyone have the same problem?
    Last edited by rogscartwo; 08-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.

  4. #104
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xarot PC Specs
    xarot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus GL504GM
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB CL16-18-18
    Graphics Card #1Palit RTX2080TI
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 1.2 TB PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Blackstorm Mech RGB
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
    Headset Sennheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 x64
    xarot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by rogscartwo View Post
    Hi guys, I bought my gl504gw and it stutters when I am playing games like Witcher 3 and BF1. Does anyone have the same problem?
    While gaming check the task manager if NahimicService or something like that is eating your CPU. I had the same issue and I had to disable that service. IT only used around 10-20 % if I recall right.
    Gaming: i9-7980XE H2O - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200 - Palit RTX2080TI H2O - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Intel 750 1.2 TB - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB
    HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1070 - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
    All around: i7-9900X H2O - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX2060 - In Win 101C - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB

  5. #105
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by xarot View Post
    While gaming check the task manager if NahimicService or something like that is eating your CPU. I had the same issue and I had to disable that service. IT only used around 10-20 % if I recall right.
    Thanks for the reply. In my case, NahimicService uses lower than 1% CPU.

  6. #106
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array xarot PC Specs
    xarot PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus GL504GM
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7980XE
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB CL16-18-18
    Graphics Card #1Palit RTX2080TI
    Sound CardIntegrated
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 1.2 TB PCIe
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Blackstorm Mech RGB
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
    Headset Sennheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended
    OS Windows 10 x64
    xarot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    181

    I opened up my GL504GM carefully using a credit card and without removing bottom cover yet, one screw from the front just didn't come out at all and just moved around. Flipped up the cover and the whole standoff came off without any force - the screw was still in place. Also, some small part of plastic also came off from somewhere. What a piece of junk quality, looks like someone had used too much force when assembling the whole thing :S For some reason ASUS always have these issues. I guess I burned my warranty. Glad I didn't play much for it.
    Gaming: i9-7980XE H2O - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200 - Palit RTX2080TI H2O - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Intel 750 1.2 TB - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB
    HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1070 - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
    All around: i7-9900X H2O - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX2060 - In Win 101C - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB

  7. #107
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    after Clean Mx 4 and Apply Geil GC and I Found some Hint

    Hi I used GL504GS after openbox and used with Original Silicone
    Idle 55c FullLoad 98c (Test with play ARK with High Setting)
    then bought Mx-4 with Arctic cooling pad 1.5mm
    Idle 60c FullLoad Start with 80 then 100c ( use high performance thermal pad on RAM VRM etc)
    today I re apply Geil GC with standard 2mm Themal (Super cheap)
    Idle 45 - 55c Full Load 3.9Ghz Temp sit around 77 - 81 and max at 82 one core!!!!

    All setup with -125mv CPU and -85 Cache and leave all other default
    No Fan Kickdown No Freeze all game now playable with less noise I'm so happy now.

  8. #108
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Anyone experiencing a small rattle noise on left fan (close to power) at certain low RPM ? GL504GM

  9. #109
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes7609 View Post
    Anyone experiencing a small rattle noise on left fan (close to power) at certain low RPM ? GL504GM
    Yes, I'm experiencing the same since a few weeks after I bought it. Today, almost a year after I bought it, I've opened up the laptop, cleaned the dust, etc, but can't fix it.

    It's very very annoying. The worse part is that the normal position of the laptop is how it makes the most noise...

    Anybody with the same issue has found a fix for it??

  10. #110
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Stikergtr View Post
    Hi I used GL504GS after openbox and used with Original Silicone
    Idle 55c FullLoad 98c (Test with play ARK with High Setting)
    then bought Mx-4 with Arctic cooling pad 1.5mm
    Idle 60c FullLoad Start with 80 then 100c ( use high performance thermal pad on RAM VRM etc)
    today I re apply Geil GC with standard 2mm Themal (Super cheap)
    Idle 45 - 55c Full Load 3.9Ghz Temp sit around 77 - 81 and max at 82 one core!!!!

    All setup with -125mv CPU and -85 Cache and leave all other default
    No Fan Kickdown No Freeze all game now playable with less noise I'm so happy now.
    Can you gave the link of Geil GC??

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •