Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 92
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    116

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihck5 View Post
    Is the update section of the myASUS app equivalent to what was traditionally the ‘ASUS live update’ app? I can’t find a separate live update app for drivers etc other than the update section of the myASUS app. And that myASUS app always says it has just recently successfully updated the aura service and ASUS promotion app, despite not actually updating anything.
    This MIGHT BE (I ASSUME) problem interconnected with Windows UAC and current mess with 1809 build (bugs etc).
    Probably, app just says that it was successfully installed - but didn't do so because current ASUS driver packages require "Run as administrator" option. The case when cmd windows pop-ups and then vanish. Leaving only junk behind in system folders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihck5 View Post
    Will an update to sonic studio fix it’s crash dump issue? Or is the nahimic service the problem?*
    No, it won't. Because Sonic Studio is some kind of interface of Nahimic service. The problem is in Nahimic service itself, in some cases UAC won't let it through. Because it trace calls from audio codec (that's how Sonic studio visualize sound source in games).

    I don't know how actually SCAR II behaves on stock, pre-installed OS -> i'm having FreeDos version, so i install all software by myself.

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    It won't help anyhow, as system will sustain same temperature, but it will reduce noise level.
    So the only way to reduce the temp is undervolt and repaste? using cooling pad is useless. am i right?

  3. #13
    New ROGer Array p1nkmeth PC Specs
    p1nkmeth PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GM
    MotherboardAsus
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1060
    Storage #1HDD
    Storage #2SSD
    OS Win 10 N

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Mine is undervolted at -120 + Silent fan mode, cannot get more than 72*C while gaming.
    No idea why,but when its on Balanced or Overpowered fan mode, I have terrible fps drops and sturrers.
    Last edited by p1nkmeth; 11-26-2018 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    70

    Quote Originally Posted by p1nkmeth View Post
    Mine is undervolted at -120 + Silent fan mode, cannot get more than 72*C while gaming.
    No idea why,but when its on Balanced or Overpowered fan mode, I have terrible fps drops and sturrers.
    me have the same problem but i didnt tweak my volatage i just noticed the fan speed is the one making the games stutters and have fpas drops

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by p1nkmeth View Post
    Mine is undervolted at -120 + Silent fan mode, cannot get more than 72*C while gaming.
    No idea why,but when its on Balanced or Overpowered fan mode, I have terrible fps drops and sturrers.
    Guys, please don't post such things. Without XTU screenshots, average frequencies and expected FPS such posts make no sense. No temps, you didn't tell what title do you play.

  6. #16
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    70

    Why is it ASUS is not even helping solving this problem? isnt it this website have technicians in it? why is it they keep on ignoring this thread?

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsparda View Post
    Why is it ASUS is not even helping solving this problem? isnt it this website have technicians in it? why is it they keep on ignoring this thread?
    ASUS support is totally worthless - i asked via live chat how to install PTP driver, they asked me to visit RMA service.

    5 minutes later i just read explanation (install S/O driver FIRST) on product support page and installed successfully.

    It will super great if ASUS engineers could visit this thread, gather feedback and/or explain product behavior. It is way much easier to gather test results from us, then doing tests by themselves.

    And hey, check this out ...

    Story how i repasted my GL504GS for liquid metal

    I really would like to share my opinion and help those guys to design better product - and i hope you guys eager do this too. Like, we already choose ASUS and vote for them by spending hard earned money. Some bugs are LEGACY (Nahimic) and last for years (my experience on GL502VSK).

  8. #18
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    What is the best windows 10 version for GL504GM? Because i used ver 1709 i got higher perfomance but higher temperature too, gpu/cpu temp around 85-90. but in 1803 i got lower perfomance but lower temperature too

  9. #19
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by dalladirosa View Post
    What is the best windows 10 version for GL504GM? Because i used ver 1709 i got higher perfomance but higher temperature too, gpu/cpu temp around 85-90. but in 1803 i got lower perfomance but lower temperature too
    Actually, i think it doesn't matter at all - i tried different builds (1709-1803-1809 insider) and i don't see any significant differences (though, i'm monitoring everything-all the time). Try disable Windows 10 visual effects - i believe there is improvement in response on Alt-Tab.

    In my opinion, there SHOULDN'T be ANY significant difference depending on build (though, i will prefer LESS HEAT - LESS 3-5FPS).
    But THERE is performance drop in terms of language - i've tried 1803 Russian Pro vs 1803 English (default), there is systematic performance degradation for all titles i've tested (WoT, Dota 2, HotS, Forza Horizon 4) - about -3-5%, and i'm not exclude a chance that this no more than statistical deviation.

  10. #20
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Actually, i think it doesn't matter at all - i tried different builds (1709-1803-1809 insider) and i don't see any significant differences (though, i'm monitoring everything-all the time). Try disable Windows 10 visual effects - i believe there is improvement in response on Alt-Tab.

    In my opinion, there SHOULDN'T be ANY significant difference depending on build (though, i will prefer LESS HEAT - LESS 3-5FPS).
    But THERE is performance drop in terms of language - i've tried 1803 Russian Pro vs 1803 English (default), there is systematic performance degradation for all titles i've tested (WoT, Dota 2, HotS, Forza Horizon 4) - about -3-5%, and i'm not exclude a chance that this no more than statistical deviation.
    I will keep in 1803, Less temperature will better

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •