Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I did a little bit of research and i decided to undevolt my GPU with MSI Afterburner by adjusting the Voltage/Frequency Curve. I was able to undervolt my GTX 1060 to 0,900 by leveling the "dots" up to 1924MHz. This gave me a little overclocking effect as well and eliminated power and voltage limitations my GPU was suffering from.

Long story short, my GPU temps stays around 70 degrees and because the cooling system of the GL504GM has shared heatpipes, this decrease of GPU temps also affects the CPU, which stays now at 77 degrees avg. I think thats very usefull as the GL504GM is not very undervolting friendly when it comes to the CPU.

Thats a good solution to deal with this ****ty fan settings and the high temps til ASUS finally delivers a software update.

This is the video i used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIkYr9aDc8&t=247s

ROG Member Array

BIOS update

Hello guys. As all of you, I ve been suffering with my strix scar ii. Its fans are crazy loud even in idle. It is really nonsense how it works.
    I uninstalled all the asus **** softwares/drivers I could from my computer and I undervolted -0.085V. It got better I think, but sometimes the fans starts to be totally crazy and most part of the times, they stop after a stress test of Intel ETU. Which does not make any sense considering that during the stress test the fan speed should be higher and not the opposite.
    In summary, my next laptop probably won't be an asus ROG . I had always liked ROG.

Have someone tested the BIOS 307 of GM in the GL405GS? Does it work?

I am almost opening the F#$ing laptop and connecting a potentiometer in the middle of the source wire of the fan. Then, I will be able to control the fan speed by brute force! hahahaha

I really hope that ASUS team help us with a new driver, BIOS, replacements parts or whatever. It is embarrassing to take the laptop to an office.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    Hello guys. As all of you, I ve been suffering with my strix scar ii. Its fans are crazy loud even in idle. It is really nonsense how it works.
    I uninstalled all the asus **** softwares/drivers I could from my computer and I undervolted -0.085V. It got better I think, but sometimes the fans starts to be totally crazy and most part of the times, they stop after a stress test of Intel ETU. Which does not make any sense considering that during the stress test the fan speed should be higher and not the opposite.
    In summary, my next laptop probably won't be an asus ROG . I had always liked ROG.

Have someone tested the BIOS 307 of GM in the GL405GS? Does it work?

I am almost opening the F#$ing laptop and connecting a potentiometer in the middle of the source wire of the fan. Then, I will be able to control the fan speed by brute force! hahahaha

I really hope that ASUS team help us with a new driver, BIOS, replacements parts or whatever. It is embarrassing to take the laptop to an office.
    You can join efforts on unlocking BIOS.

I don't think anyone was able to flash 307 og GM to GS -> 99% chance to brick entire laptop.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Single and Dual Channel RAM

Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    I did a little bit of research and i decided to undevolt my GPU with MSI Afterburner by adjusting the Voltage/Frequency Curve. I was able to undervolt my GTX 1060 to 0,900 by leveling the "dots" up to 1924MHz. This gave me a little overclocking effect as well and eliminated power and voltage limitations my GPU was suffering from.

Long story short, my GPU temps stays around 70 degrees and because the cooling system of the GL504GM has shared heatpipes, this decrease of GPU temps also affects the CPU, which stays now at 77 degrees avg. I think thats very usefull as the GL504GM is not very undervolting friendly when it comes to the CPU.

Thats a good solution to deal with this ****ty fan settings and the high temps til ASUS finally delivers a software update.

This is the video i used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIkYr9aDc8&t=247s
    I tweaked my GL504GM Hero 2 a bit more during the days and i ended up with the GPU undervolted with -88 and temps around 76 degrees and the CPU undervolted with -82 and temps around 83 degrees. I activated Speed Shift EPP in Throttlestop and set the value to 32, so the CPU stays at the 3,9GHz clock.

But i still got FPS around 65 in games like BF V. Without any throttling shown in HWinfo. So i did a bit of research and found out that the difference in FPS between single and dual Channel RAM in games with a high CPU demand like BF V, is huge, up to 30fps more. I have a single channel RAM and i am thinking about to do an upgrade to dual channel. So instead of 1x8gb i will buy another 8gb RAM. Did one of you guys experience the same, FPS boost in games with a high demand on the CPU?

Thats the video i found, there are plenty of others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aPaj5QkmM&t=214s

I tweaked my GL504GM Hero 2 a bit more during the days and i ended up with the GPU undervolted with -88 and temps around 76 degrees and the CPU undervolted with -82 and temps around 83 degrees. I activated Speed Shift EPP in Throttlestop and set the value to 32, so the CPU stays at the 3,9GHz clock.

But i still got FPS around 65 in games like BF V. Without any throttling shown in HWinfo. So i did a bit of research and found out that the difference in FPS between single and dual Channel RAM in games with a high CPU demand like BF V, is huge, up to 30fps more. I have a single channel RAM and i am thinking about to do an upgrade to dual channel. So instead of 1x8gb i will buy another 8gb RAM. Did one of you guys experience the same, FPS boost in games with a high demand on the CPU?

Thats the video i found, there are plenty of others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aPaj5QkmM&t=214s
    Yes, that's why i switched for 2*8Gb modules. SK Hynix from stock setup is crap.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Yes, that's why i switched for 2*8Gb modules. SK Hynix from stock setup is crap.
    Did this give you any improvements due to FPS?
    I was thinking to buy just another 8gb of RAM and add it to the current one. From your answer i assume you switched them entirely? Cant i use the SK Hynix and add idk a kingston hyperX?

Which one did you build in?
    Last edited by mp271901; 03-06-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Did this give you any improvements due to FPS?
    I was thinking to buy just another 8gb of RAM and add it to the current one. From your answer i assume you switched them entirely? Cant i use the SK Hynix and add idk a kingston hyperX?

Which one did you build in?
    Yes, it did; - depends on title.

HyperX, propably on Micron chips, which are pretty nice.

I'm on G.Skill RipJaws that are on Samsung.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Yes, it did; - depends on title.

HyperX, propably on Micron chips, which are pretty nice.

I'm on G.Skill RipJaws that are on Samsung.
    Ah ok. So you would recommand to have 2 Ram sticks of the same company?

How is your system (you have a Hero 2 right?) running right now in general? Heat Management, fps etc?

Regards

Ah ok. So you would recommand to have 2 Ram sticks of the same company?

How is your system (you have a Hero 2 right?) running right now in general? Heat Management, fps etc?

Regards
    It's really hard to pair RAM module to existing one from my point of view.

I have GL504GS (SCAR II GTX 1070), my laptop is liquid metaled and thermal padded (both ThermalGrizzly).

I have better performance in terms of FPS, and stay under 85, or 90C under REALLY HEAVY LOAD.
    I'm also suffer from sttutering and microfreezes, even under voltmods. Unfortunately.

ROG Member Array

I have an issue with my 1070 when it hits 99% load:

Whenever it hits 99% load the fps just tanks because the GPU is downclocking to anywhere between 900 - 1300MHz for no reason. Disconnecting the battery lets me run uncapped but with a lower fps range, but I have to cap the fps if the battery is connected.

I've even had games use up the battery so quickly that it caused the laptop to shutdown from a lower battery warning....WTF?

Plus the windows charging messages are all messed up.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast