Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92
  1. #61
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    I did a little bit of research and i decided to undevolt my GPU with MSI Afterburner by adjusting the Voltage/Frequency Curve. I was able to undervolt my GTX 1060 to 0,900 by leveling the "dots" up to 1924MHz. This gave me a little overclocking effect as well and eliminated power and voltage limitations my GPU was suffering from.
    I tried yesterday with my GS but I did not notice any different... :/

  2. #62
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    I tried yesterday with my GS but I did not notice any different... :/
    Try the last solution posted in this post. Will try this as well later on. Else on mine I updated to the latest driver listed in ASUS' downloads and at times slide the right speaker balance in sound settings

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...oud-soft/page4

  3. #63
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    External fan OPOLAR Vacuum

    Here are some results I d like to share.
    Yesterday I tried the external fan cooler OPOLAR in my scar ii in SILENT MODE. Here it is the picture of it..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20190311_203657.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	79434
    It costs 26 dollars in Amazon.

    My laptop has presented massive fps drops while playing BF IV, here it is the graph of the MSI afterburn for GPU temps and framerate. We can observe that the FPS drops are correlated with a cooling of the GPU.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	with_without_vacuum.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	79435

    And now, in the figure bellow we can see the same info but using the OPOLAR external fan. I havent experienced any FPS drop while using the external fan. It is really impressive that the really noisy fans of the scar ii are not enough for cooling the GPU\CPU.
    I think that the repaste can solve the issue, as commented in the original post . But I am afraid to void my warranty.
    I ve already tried undervolting GPU and CPU and some other things, but nothing really worked as this external fan worked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	with_vacuum.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	79436
    Last edited by leandrofgr; 03-19-2019 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #64
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Armoury Crate for GL504GM/GS

    Hey Guys,

    I was wondering if its possible to install Armoury Crate on those Laptops, as it gives way more fan tweaking options than the useless Gaming Center. I could install the Armoury Crate on my Laptop GL504GM Hero 2, but it didnt let me adjust anything. According to picture 1 it should be possible right?

    In picture 2 it says that on the Models GL504GM/GS Gaming Center is preinstalled, but does that mean you cant install/use Amroury crate?

    Picture 1:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	79556

    Picture 2:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	79557

  5. #65
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I was wondering if its possible to install Armoury Crate on those Laptops, as it gives way more fan tweaking options than the useless Gaming Center. I could install the Armoury Crate on my Laptop GL504GM Hero 2, but it didnt let me adjust anything.
    Have you removed the Gaming center??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lixo.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	79587
    (https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1037690)

    The scar ii has the i7-8750H, which is Coffee Lake. It should work, right? I am going to test when I get in my home.

  6. #66
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    Have you removed the Gaming center??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lixo.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	79587
    (https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1037690)

    The scar ii has the i7-8750H, which is Coffee Lake. It should work, right? I am going to test when I get in my home.
    Ah ok. If you could give me a quick update on that when you done, that would be perfect

    Regards

  7. #67
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    Ah ok. If you could give me a quick update on that when you done, that would be perfect

    Regards
    It did not work. It does not open all the control options that I saw in the website, only the basic tabs.

  8. #68
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    It did not work. It does not open all the control options that I saw in the website, only the basic tabs.
    yeah why should ASUS give us a proper tool to manage our fans. Maybe because we paid less than 1500 $ so we are not worth the effort.

  9. #69
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    GL504GS related problems!

    Hi guys,

    I would like to tell you about my experience with GL504GS (sorry for my poor english).

    I have this laptop since December 2018. The only game I play is BFV.

    The first time I played the game, everything looked amazing. I could play on ultra settings with no problems. The second time, I had a terrible frame drop, that was killing my game. I talked with some other friends that convinced me that BFV was a very demanding game and none of them could play at ultra in their PCs (desktops, laptops e etc.), some of them were playing on low settings. By that time, my temps were always at 90 degrees or more.

    After a while, I realized that the problem has room temperature. Whenever I was in a cool room, I could play in high settings and, sometimes, even in ultra settings (my temps got to 85 degrees max). I even planned building a better cooling pad to accomplish that.

    Last week, I got new problems. My fan started to get loud for no reason. I also use my laptop to work, so it was a very annoying situation (everybody started to look at me and complain about it). Sometimes there was anything open in the computer and the processor state was at 3% and the temps below 50 degrees.

    I tried a lot of things: downgrade bios, full format, but nothing seems to work.

    I found out that my laptop, even on "idle mode" (nothing opened) would keep the processor frequency at 3.9 GHz (turboboost)!!! But the temps weren't high (< 50 degrees).

    I guess that, maybe the algorithm boost the fan if the clock gets high, even though the temps are low or there is a delay in the information being shown.

    I could lower the frequency by changing the maximum processor state form 100% to 99%. Now it keeps oscillating between 1-2 GHz (what I consider normal). But my fan speed is still erratic sometimes (balanced quieter than silent mode).

    My processor shouldn't be at turboboost all the time and this is a issue I haven't seen in this thread. Maybe one of you guys could help me.

    What do you guys think? Is there a solution to my case?

    Thank you all.

  10. #70
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by marcos-mcosta View Post
    Hi guys,

    I would like to tell you about my experience with GL504GS (sorry for my poor english).

    I have this laptop since December 2018. The only game I play is BFV.

    The first time I played the game, everything looked amazing. I could play on ultra settings with no problems. The second time, I had a terrible frame drop, that was killing my game. I talked with some other friends that convinced me that BFV was a very demanding game and none of them could play at ultra in their PCs (desktops, laptops e etc.), some of them were playing on low settings. By that time, my temps were always at 90 degrees or more.

    After a while, I realized that the problem has room temperature. Whenever I was in a cool room, I could play in high settings and, sometimes, even in ultra settings (my temps got to 85 degrees max). I even planned building a better cooling pad to accomplish that.

    Last week, I got new problems. My fan started to get loud for no reason. I also use my laptop to work, so it was a very annoying situation (everybody started to look at me and complain about it). Sometimes there was anything open in the computer and the processor state was at 3% and the temps below 50 degrees.

    I tried a lot of things: downgrade bios, full format, but nothing seems to work.

    I found out that my laptop, even on "idle mode" (nothing opened) would keep the processor frequency at 3.9 GHz (turboboost)!!! But the temps weren't high (< 50 degrees).

    I guess that, maybe the algorithm boost the fan if the clock gets high, even though the temps are low or there is a delay in the information being shown.

    I could lower the frequency by changing the maximum processor state form 100% to 99%. Now it keeps oscillating between 1-2 GHz (what I consider normal). But my fan speed is still erratic sometimes (balanced quieter than silent mode).

    My processor shouldn't be at turboboost all the time and this is a issue I haven't seen in this thread. Maybe one of you guys could help me.

    What do you guys think? Is there a solution to my case?

    Thank you all.
    Hey,

    i have a GL504Gm Hero 2 and faced the same problems. When i bought it everything was fine, temps, FPS etc (playing BFV btw). After two weeks everything went to s.hit, literally overnight. High temps, massive FPS drops etc. i did an BIOS update to 307 which brought some improvements at least to stuttering and some FPS drops (there are still there but not that frequent). But i am far from being satisfied with this machine.

    Have you done anything besides the stuff you already mentioned? I am speaking of undervolting (CPU, GPU), locking the CPU frequency to 3.7GHz , etc.

    Whats you can do for starters:
    Choose the Balanced mode in you WIN 10 energy options
    Then click on the battery symbol in the down right corner
    There it should show up an adjustable bar which shows "Best Battery Life" on the left and "Best Performance" on the right
    You should put in the middle where it says "Better Perfomance"

    That signals you CPU that you dont want him to run at full power.

    When you are not gaming , you can put the Fan Mode in the Gaming Center to Balance or silent., while pressing FN+F5

    Which RAM mode do you have? Do you use single channel (1x8gb or 1x16gb, etc) or do you have dual channel (2x8gb or 2x16gb etc)Dual channel brings more FPS in CPU demanding games like BF V for example.

    Regards

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •