Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,
    ok, i manage to install everything.
    I just wanna know if there is a way to change default graphic card to be RTX ?
    https://gyazo.com/f300ebd5f33f56c8fb25dde05c821b02

Maybe on bios ?

Thank you for the help ! I really appretiate it

i will check bios now if i can change the cards.
    Last edited by Gushy; 03-31-2019 at 11:10 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    Hey Marcos, I am exactly in the same situation as you. I bough my scar ii in USA and now I came back to Brazil, I am living in Florianopolis. Really disappointed with ROG, never expected that. But fortunately I have stabilized my laptop last month.

About speedfan, forget it, it never works for me and yes, I ve noticed these crazy RPM numbers. I really dont know what it means.

Here it is everything I ve done to stop the crazy fans, not sure what exactly solve it.
    1) Update the BIOS.
    2) Fresh windows install and do not install any of the asus ****, install only aura and gaming center.
    3) Install Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver. You find it in https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...Desk_Download/.
    2) Use Intel extreme tuning utility to downvolt your CPU. I could downvolted -0.095 without any issue.
    3) Disable and set as manual all asus services: ASLDR Service, Asus HID, Asus LiveUpdate, Asus optimization, Asus System Analysis and Asus Sytem Diagnosis.
    4) In Energy options, set System cooling policy as passive and define the maximum performance as 99%, it is totally fine for daily activities.

Doing all that, my fan kicks in really loud only when I boot the laptop, after 10-30 minutes it calms down and stay quiet! Thanks god ! ! !
    Then, when I want to play or run some simulation in the laptop, I set the maximum performance as 100% and switch to the overboost mode (you must start the services ASLDE Service and Asus HID, otherwise you wont be able to switch to overboost mode). After that the laptop starts to be really loud but I dont care at all because I expect that, the laptop is working hard! What bothers me is when it is loud in idle.
    After gaming, I switch to silent mode, stop the services and limit the performance to 99% again. Then it starts to calm down, it is great!

Now, I kind of started to love my laptop again. hahahah. Next step I will repaste it all with cooler master, I believe it is going to help a lot as well, since ASUS use **s.hit* paste.

Last observation, when I boot the laptop and it starts to be loud, sometimes I run a stress test on it with Intel extreme utility and it stops after ~5 minutes.
    Hi Leandro,

Thanks for your tips. By now, I think I'll send my ROG back to US on April 25th, but haven't tried to contact Asus support yet. The only problem is that I'll have to wait for more than 1 month for my laptop to get back.

Up until then, I'll try your tips, but for me is really frustating to have to do all this workaround just for the laptop to work properly.

Let me ask you one question, does your machine takes 30 minutes each time you turn it on? What happens if you put it to sleep or hibernate? Does it takes the same time? I ask that because, when I'm at the office, I constantly close the lid or put the PC on hibernate or sleep and would be a pain in the ass if I this "behaviour" occurs each time I do that.

Also, I have seen many users saying that they "solved" the problem and weeks, or even months later, the crazy fans started again.

I think we all should send this **** back to them and let them fix this issue and give us an extended warranty. Again, it is a USD 1500,00 machine that have basic issues that makes it unusable for normal day activities (90% of the time).

Thanks again for your help. Let's unite and fight against Asus, hehehehe.

Best Regards.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by marcos-mcosta View Post
    Hi Leandro,
    Let me ask you one question, does your machine takes 30 minutes each time you turn it on? What happens if you put it to sleep or hibernate? Does it takes the same time? I ask that because, when I'm at the office, I constantly close the lid or put the PC on hibernate or sleep and would be a pain in the ass if I this "behaviour" occurs each time I do that.
    Not always 30 minutes, sometimes it is noisy for only a couple of minutes. I bought this laptop to leave it on all time in the office during the business days, so, for me it is totally fine how it is working now.
    But I agree, it is unbelievable that Asus lunched these models with do many problems! And to get worst, they do not give a s.h.i.t about any of ours complains. If I was in USA, I would send it back to asus but in my case, the laptop works fine most of time and because of that, I think they could send me back saying that everything is normal.
    Please, let us know about you experience with Asus warranty.

New ROGer Array

having same problem

Quote Originally Posted by leandrofgr View Post
    Hello guys. As all of you, I ve been suffering with my strix scar ii. Its fans are crazy loud even in idle. It is really nonsense how it works.
    I uninstalled all the asus **** softwares/drivers I could from my computer and I undervolted -0.085V. It got better I think, but sometimes the fans starts to be totally crazy and most part of the times, they stop after a stress test of Intel ETU. Which does not make any sense considering that during the stress test the fan speed should be higher and not the opposite.
    In summary, my next laptop probably won't be an asus ROG . I had always liked ROG.

Have someone tested the BIOS 307 of GM in the GL405GS? Does it work?

I am almost opening the F#$ing laptop and connecting a potentiometer in the middle of the source wire of the fan. Then, I will be able to control the fan speed by brute force! hahahaha

I really hope that ASUS team help us with a new driver, BIOS, replacements parts or whatever. It is embarrassing to take the laptop to an office.
    o also have the same problem the fan are running at high speed even at idle use some time and fan profile is not working it does not change the speed after changing the profile to silent

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by avnv007 View Post
    o also have the same problem the fan are running at high speed even at idle use some time and fan profile is not working it does not change the speed after changing the profile to silent

Welcome to the club my friend! I am sorry to tell you but there is no solution. We are all still hopping for a solution from Asus.

ROG Member Array

This so called premium rog laptop gave me more headaches than my last potato 650m laptop, been more than 6 months now that I got the hero 2 ( gtx 1060), and I haven't enjoyed a single game I played on it,all I did in those 6 months is running benchmark for different games to somehow get a stable enough pe romance, always shutter or fps drops, thermal throttling and what not, even 60+ fps don't feel smooth in most games on this piece of junk.
    If I have to undervolt my cpu, put better thermal paste, limit my cpu clock speed, disabling turbo, etc etc then I don't know why i am paying asus approx 2000$ in the first place, I expect a 2000$ laptop to give me enjoyable performance from stock.

ROG Member Array

My left fan is at 100% no matter the CPU LOAD and temps, sometimes with temps below 31°C and CPU & GPU at idle (2% load or less) the fan is still at 100% speed.

I've tried EVERYTHING, including BIOS flash, windows clean install, driver updates, rollbacks, everything you can possibly imagine.

ROG Member Array

GL504GS Repaste with Noctua NT-H2

Hello, I repasted my GL504GS with the i7 8750h/GTX1070 using Noctua NT-H2 and .50mm Arctic Thermal pad. I play GTA5 and previously my average max temps were GPU 85 CPU 95 even up to 99. I repasted and repadded and now my GPU doesnt go above 66 and my CPU stays in the high 70s to low 80s. I feel like my temps were a little higher at first but after only 15/20 min of playing they seemed to drop a little so maybe after a few days the cpu temp will srop more after the paste settles (even though I know it says no cure time for it) but seemed to drop after a little use. Just thought id share my experience of my Scar 2 repaste with the new Noctua NT-H2.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bmrizzuti View Post
    My left fan is at 100% no matter the CPU LOAD and temps, sometimes with temps below 31°C and CPU & GPU at idle (2% load or less) the fan is still at 100% speed.

I've tried EVERYTHING, including BIOS flash, windows clean install, driver updates, rollbacks, everything you can possibly imagine.
    where do you live did you tries to contact with asus service i am also aving the same problem

New ROGer Array

Asus GL504GS Warranty repair experience

Long story short its been a nightmare... I live in California and the nearest authorized repair center is in Texas.

Issues with my unit:

- Right side fan has a loud rattle
    - Fan would run at full speed randomly throughout the day and I was unable to adjust the fan speed via hotkey/rog center.
    - Temps would spike 10-15 degrees within seconds while gaming (prob bad thermal paste).

1st RMA - 3 week turnaround ($50.00 out of pocket to ship)

- Unit came back with the loud rattle still there.. impossible for them not to hear it. How do you miss that??
    - They completely destroyed my speakers.. super distorted and they somehow managed to reverse the left and right sounds. (throw a grenade to your left and sound will come from the right..)
    - Temps still spike
    - They fixed one thing!!! I'm now able to adjust the fan speed.. from the 2-3 hours I had it before sending it back (lol) the fans peed didnt go crazy on me.

2nd RMA - Another 3 week turn around and is currently being shipped back to me (Called support and explained the situation, they paid for shipping this time.. GROUND service.. oh jeeze thanks.)

- Ill give an update next week when my unit comes in.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast