cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G703GI i7-8750H GTX1080 Moodel left small speaker problem

Amazo
Level 7
Hey Guys I just bought this new laptop and while I was setting it up I realised that I was smelling something burning and I noticed after that was too late, my left speaker started to burn and melted, I'm quite concerned if my laptop is faulty because it was making clicking noises specially the speaker itself and now its melted, I bought it for Black Friday had it only for like 3 days..ish 😞
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Sorry to hear that. 😞

The good news is that it's early enough you should be able to exchange it with the retailer. If they will exchange rather than refund you would still keep the discounted price.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MrRuckus
Level 10
Wow. I would definitely return it to the retailer and see if they can just swap it for another, this laptop is just too pricey to accept that. It could have been some wiring in the display that grounded out somehow behind that grill. I wouldnt chance that for sure. Sorry to hear about that, this being one of their flagship products, normally 703's are cream of the crop and have good QC. Maybe something in shipping compressed the box? These are pretty well packaged tho. Sounds like possibly an internal issue maybe QC didn't catch.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72