cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg27uq

Psycrow
Level 11
I just got my PG27UQ screen today and its a wierd transformation from a samsung 27" 60 hz regular screen

But i noticed windows only set the hz to 98 max but the screen is a 144 hz..so this 144 get emulated or scaled up when im in games ?
Why dosent windows 10 use 144 hz for this monitor ?

I heard linus talk about it but since he talks so fast i dont understand all he says. Also my own languege is not english.
So what did he say ?
5 REPLIES 5

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
The PG27UQ is a nice monitor. But not on windows. windows see these up to 98 to 100. that is it. until windows and nvidia pull the finger that is it. Beside if you use a 2080ti should see 120hz. Is a windows problem even having 2 monitors in 144hz is a issue right now. I have to install my 60hz monitors in order to avoid problems. so no problem. even HDR is not working ok.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Psycrow
Level 11
Yeah HRD is not even working..what a load of rip off..but at least the screen works 100 %. So we cant blame asus if you say its billgates and nvidia that sleeps on work here.
I also had a 2k monitor from asus before i returnned for RMA and i remember i was using 120/144 hz in windows ?

So why can the 2k screen support ot but not the 4k yet ?
Im gona get 2080 rtx ti as soon the gigabyte card is ready with the rgb fans

Psycrow
Level 11
Image this is what i see on danish windows but you can see the numbers

Psycrow
Level 11
bump

Psycrow
Level 11
Also this red light logo dosent power off when i shutdown my pc..even the fan inside the monitor keeps spinning..dont they power off ever ?
Unless i turn the main wall switch off and completly shut down the power..

So i cant choose HDR and i cant go over 98 hz and the light and fan wont power off when i shut down.
Money well spend ?