cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix 1080ti clocks won't reset

Hellvicto2
Level 7
Hello there, i got next problem, my GPU and memory clock won't get lower, only higher ( when playing demanding game ). That clocks are constant after windows load, so i think i haven't any miners, because i tried download pc without internet connection and clocks was same, in task manager ang gpu-z shows that gpu load is 0%. Already reinstalled video drivers, not helped at all, ty. Clock increase on screenshot was caused by game
10 REPLIES 10

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
How many monitors you have?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

1 monitor benq xl2730

Vlada011
Level 10
That's 144Hz monitor.
Did you tried to change some settings in GPU Tweak...
Frame Rate Target or Display Refresh Rate Hz to 60Hz...

It's well known that sometimes after restart clock back on 139MHz..

JustinThyme
Level 13
Do you have GPU Tweak II loaded and running?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

So, after i change monitor refresh rate to 60hz clocks going to be normal like 139mhz, but when i turn back 144hz problem appears again, i deleted gpu tweak 2 lik week ago, because i was thinking that problem in utility. Can i have normal clocks at 144hz? ty

Hellvicto2 wrote:
So, after i change monitor refresh rate to 60hz clocks going to be normal like 139mhz, but when i turn back 144hz problem appears again, i deleted gpu tweak 2 lik week ago, because i was thinking that problem in utility. Can i have normal clocks at 144hz? ty

Id start fresh at this point.
Download the latest driver set
Download and install Ccleaner
Download and install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
Launch Ccleaner and in the tools tab check that GPU tweak isnt listed, if it is then uninstall followed by going registry tab and running a registry sweep and clearing out the dead wood.
Launch DDU and select the safe mode option.
This will reboot you into safe mode.
Then select clean and reboot, this uninstalls the driver and all traces of it and prohibits auto configure at reboot.
After reboot install new driver then see where you are. Id install GPU tweak otherwise you cant get the clocks any higher than a stock reference card.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
What ASUS used as memory for GTX1080Ti Strix. I mean brand. Samsung, Hynix, Micron.
On my Poseidon is Micron. Micron is on NVIDIA TITAN X and TITAN XP and Quadro and Tesla as well. 🙂
People only want Samsung because OC, but I never OC memory because small improvement and it's more sensitive than processor.

I'm happy that my clock continue to drop even with several browser opened for now.
But I use 399.24 driver, no reason to use drivers after RTX2080Ti is launched.

Your solution with ddu and ccleaner not helped =(

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
You can try using NVInspector to adjust the clock threshold. Depending on the system configuration and hardware, higher refresh rates can often induce higher P states on Nvidia GPU.

Open NVinspector > Right click Show Overclocking > Select Multi Display Power Saver > Tick Run at startup and adjust the threshold to 30%. See if this helps.

However, for this to work you will need to add exceptions (games) to the list.

The other option is to run the desktop at 120Hz and make sure preferred Refresh Rate for 3D applications is set to Highest available within the NV Control Panel.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090