cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rampage vi extreme rgb lighting

Tuattaras
Level 7
Hi everyone

This is my first post on the forums so hi all firstly.
Just built a new PC and am having problems with the RGB lighting on the motherboard, all of the lighting on the board works apart from the republic of gamers logo which doesnt....checked the BIOS to make sure there are no settings for turning on and off of the individual sections of lighting on the board but there is just a setting for RGB lighting on or off....have Asus aura installed and is working with the board as in the effects and colours all work...its just the republic of gamers logo is not lit and it should be....on another note i have full EKWB loop for the cooling which includes vardar RGB fans for the radiators....have not been able to get these to work with aura which wont detect them...so have bypassed Aura and used a USB 2.0 spliiter to use a coolermaster RGB controller along with the Corsair RGB controller for my intake fans as there is only 1 USB 2.0 header on the board....i was hoping someone may be able to help..it seems a bit pathetic to have to take it all to bits again purely for a section of lighting...but on the other hand it should be working...thanks...PC spec below

Intel I9 7820X CPU with EKWB waterblock
Asus Rampage VI extreme motherboard
Samsung Polaris 970 1 TB M2 SSD
Zotac GTX2080TI Gpu with EKWB waterblocks
Teamgroup 3200mhz RAM 32GB
Superflower 1200W platinum Psu
Lian li PC-011 WGX ROG case
watercooling loop includes 2 360 rads with EKWB vardar RGB fans
4 REPLIES 4

feedmeink
Level 12
Welcome to the forum. I have the same mobo. Are you sure the fans are aura sync compatible? If so, there are 2 connectors specifically for aura sync related hardware. If they aren't, you may have to download software from the fans website to control lighting. As far as the logo not lighting up on the mobo, sounds like it is a lighting problem with the motherboard. But just to verify try fully uninstalling aura sync, then reinstall and verify it is updated. If that doesn't fix it, may have to send mobo back and have them send another. Rgb isn't terribly important to me personally, but if it's a big deal to you, you may have to. Hope this helps.

JustinThyme
Level 13
ROG logo plugs into tiny header. Check that first.
Vardar fans should be compatible. Check your model on the compatibility list
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html?_ga=2.79943646.813514469.15434107...

I dont run RGB fans so cant give you an inside view. They should just connect to one off the RGB headers, not addressable one, and split.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hi thanks for the replies....yeah the fans are compatible have them split into 2 lots of 3 with EKWb splitters and into both the RGB headers...i think its just Asus Aura thats causing them not to function properly.... they are correctly connected as they light up but do their own thing as in they all start off white...3 go orange and fade to nothing and the other 3 go blue and stay blue....lol...but the tiny header for the ROG logo which isnt lighting up...where is that on the board please so i can check its connected properly?....many thanks

This might be a long shot, but if you are using a full monoblock for the cpu, mine came with instructions to take of the cover over the iO and put thermal square on the large vrm. There was a small connector that was attached when you remove the shield. I'm not sure what that connector is for. Maybe has something to do with aura sync?