cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Poseidon GTX 1080TI Warranty DECLINED

Blushfy
Level 7
Hello!

I am a customer currently living in Hungary where I bought this graphics card in October of 2017. Last week my graphics card stopped working and so I contacted Asus Hungary by e-mail on Monday to ask if I should return the graphics card directly to them or back to the store where I bought it from, as my Hungarian isn't very good the support person from Asus, Mr. Arpad T was very kind to correspond with me in English and instructed me to take the faulty GPU back to the store.

As instructed by Mr. Arpad I took the graphics card back to the store where I bought it from only to be told by them that they couldn't honor the warranty as the "warranty seal" was broken, I did indeed remove the sticker from one of the screws at the back of the graphics card as I needed to replace the thermal paste due to the card running warmer than usual but this was before the graphics card stopped working and it did solve the temperature problems.

Nevertheless the gentleman at the store said that he couldn't do much and that he would talk to his superiors and get back to me. In the mean time I wrote again to Mr. Arpad from Asus support explaining the aforementioned issue I had at the store to which he replied that it is indeed Asus' policy to not honor warranties if this "seal" (sticker) was removed.

I am not sure why I am being declined warranty, I did not damage the card when I replaced the thermal paste because it continued working for almost 9 months after that, I am hoping that this is just a misunderstanding and that someone can help me resolve this issue.
2 REPLIES 2

Blushfy
Level 7
Also I would like to add that I did read the warranty terms and no mention of warranty seal under section 5 is present.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/Manual/Q14216_VGA_Warranty_Card_V5_110x85mm_WEB.PDF

I sent a new message on Asus' support page as Mr. Arpad didn't seem available at the time and a second representative responded but in the meantime Mr. Arpad also replied.

Both of them are telling me that under the conditions found in this document :

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/Manual/Q14216_VGA_Warranty_Card_V5_110x85mm_WEB.PDF

That I am ineligible for warranty under section "3. Customer responsibility" as per the "Do not remove thermal module,
reassemble thermal module may cause contact defective and damage components." rule. Why is this not under the section "5. Exclusions from this limited Warranty Service" if it is a basis for refusal of warranty?Furthermore I found information on the internet that Asus now does not deny warranty in the US based on just a broken warranty seal and yet in the EU they still do, this seems oddly inconsistent, isn't there anyone here that can help me?