cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX 2080ti- Shadow of the tomb raider - DXGI ERROR DEVICE HANG - No Artifact,Bsod,

theotorm
Level 9
Hello everyone ... I have this problem with shadow of the tomb raider ... I state that I have no artifacts, bsod, flashes ... or things like that.Simply .. when I'm playing wings suddenly returns to the desktop and I see this error that says that my system does not have the necessary resources ... etc etc ... and as an error: DXGI ERROR DEVICE HANG.

https://ibb.co/9Ttj1wb

Can do hours and hours without giving problems ... or give this error even 3 times in a row ... I read around that many have problems with this error..also with 1000 series cards and not only with RTX. It seems a problem of direct x 12 ... can someone give me an opinion?
I do not have this problem with other games.
Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

I've seen several reports of this as well as experiencing the issue myself within the game. If you've already tried reverting the GPU to stock, post the error on the NVIDIA forums and possibly on Eidos/Crystal Dynamics as well.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

I've seen several reports of this as well as experiencing the issue myself within the game. If you've already tried reverting the GPU to stock, post the error on the NVIDIA forums and possibly on Eidos/Crystal Dynamics as well.

Thanks for the answer ... but what gpu do you have? What worries me is that from the same error even to those who have artifacts and the rtx board fails. just that I do not have artifacts or flash or Bsod.

theotorm wrote:
Thanks for the answer ... but what gpu do you have? What worries me is that from the same error even to those who have artifacts and the rtx board fails. just that I do not have artifacts or flash or Bsod.

2080Ti. Card works perfectly fine otherwise, so I wouldn't worry.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Vlada011
Level 10
You must test your graphic card carefull in next tests.

3DMark Firestrike Xtreme and Ultra.
Time Spy
Sky Diver
Unigine Superposition 4K and 8K

If card pass try to OC 20-30MHz, if card pass again she is stable and probably driver make some problems.
Need to pass all tests with Demo and give you score.

Vlada011 wrote:
You must test your graphic card carefull in next tests.

3DMark Firestrike Xtreme and Ultra.
Time Spy
Sky Diver
Unigine Superposition 4K and 8K

If card pass try to OC 20-30MHz, if card pass again she is stable and probably driver make some problems.
Need to pass all tests with Demo and give you score.

why should I test my gpu carefully? I have already tried and pass safely all the benchmarks you have said. moreover it is already in OC with +110 on the core and + 300 on the Vrams. but the problem dxgi error device HUNG gives it to me even with stock settings! can my gpu have problems? I read that even many people with the 1xxx series have this error!