cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular freezes on my ROG STRIX GL702ZC while playing CS:GO

rush7
Level 7
Hello guys,

This is my first post in this forum. I have a new laptop GL702ZC and installed CS:GO yesterday. During the play, I’m seeing that display is freezing but repeating in every 2 seconds.

Laptop specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RX580 4GB
2 x 8 GB DDR4
Game installed on SSD
Display 60Hz AMD FreeSync

Does anyone have an idea? Is it something related to CS:GO because I couldn’t have chance to install another game to try. I tried to play with low, medium and high settings and no change.

My FPS is between 100 and 170. It doesn’t look like FPS loss, for very long time I haven’t played games on PC, and have not seen such thing before.

You can see the recording here:
https://streamable.com/lq740
4 REPLIES 4

rush7
Level 7
Hello again, I have measured the GPU and CPU values yesterday.

CPU usage ~ 18%

CPU temperature ~ 52 C

GPU usage ~ 95%

GPU temperature ~ 80 C

FPS ~ 150

I updated BIOS and tried with almost every kind of video settings of the game, the result is same.

I hope somebody can help me about it. Here is the second video: https://streamable.com/lnzlv

Thanks

How in the world do you get 170 fps? I have a 2070 and I get 70fps on low settings

Hi there! I have recently bought a new gaming laptop too, and I had the same problem. I was playing cs go, and even though the laptop is new and has really good specs, it had a very bad performance. It was absolutely unplayable, I even had to order a faceit elo boost, because I couldn't up my rank otherwise. However, I have found a solution. It was related to Energy Consumption. I just gave maximum power from the battery and the laptop started working MUCH better. I had 50 fps, and now I got almost 200. Give it a try, I hope that it's going to help, dude. CS GO should not have any lags on such powerful laptops

Try to turn off Game Mode on Windows 10. I notice that when it was turned on, PES 2021 didn't get more than 47 FPS. Maybe it can also affect CS:GO...