cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD while playing games

GanjaReaper420
Level 7
Hello i'm new to forums so i'll do my best

a year ago a bought a custom desktop pc from a friend And when i play heavy games like GTA V or Dying Light i get a BSOD within the first 10 to 15 minutes
my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 10,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
MOBO: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Maximus IV Extreme (LGA1155)
Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (MSI)
Storage: 232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
9 REPLIES 9

JustinThyme
Level 13
For starters your technology is 8 years old and right on the edge of minimum specs for such an intensive game and short of the recommended specs. Hope you got a screaming deal on the box, like $100 or less as the only thing up to date is the Samsung SSD.
A few things. Probably overheating something, run HW monitor while playing so you can see the min/max on everything. Give it a good cleaning and make sure you have good airflow. what cooling are you using?
If the airflow is OK try dialing back the game settings.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
...Probably overheating something, run HW monitor while playing so you can see the min/max on everything. Give it a good cleaning and make sure you have good airflow. what cooling are you using?
If the airflow is OK try dialing back the game settings.

This is also my opinion if I had to guess at it based on your OP. Overheating can and will cause such symptoms.
Davemon50

GamerWGlasses
Level 7
GanjaReaper420 wrote:
Hello i'm new to forums so i'll do my best

a year ago a bought a custom desktop pc from a friend And when i play heavy games like GTA V or Dying Light i get a BSOD within the first 10 to 15 minutes
my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 10,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
MOBO: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Maximus IV Extreme (LGA1155)
Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (MSI)
Storage: 232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD))

I am also not seeing in your specificiations on what power supply you have such as Make/Model/80+ Rating/Wattage/Age.

If the PSU is 8 years old, it may be reaching the end of it's life and is unable to be as efficient as it once was. PSU do lose efficiency over time.

What is the BSOD error?

panzlock
Level 12
May not be a likely culprit but are your drivers up to date?

Memory could also be the cause. Memtest your RAM.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

TimeLion724
Level 8

GanjaReaper420
Level 7
Hey y'all i'm new to this forum and to desktop gaming I have a Asus Maximus Extreme 4 And i got Random Bsod's while playing games like Pubg Dying Light But also sometimes random when i'm doing stuff on the desktop :(:(:(

In my experience BSOD can be cause by dead fans which cause overheat and a faulty ram, but in some cases it's not so I would suggest to break it down it first by parts. For laptop I would say to make a fresh install of the O.S, for the PC it's good to start on removing the vid card and use the built-in graphics cards, if it still doing the bsod try to put 1 ram only(4gb) if you have 2 of them, just do it by parts so you can pin point which part is the problem.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Hal error are on windows issues with memory corruption. since windows 7 does not have any more patches aside of security and done by XMAS. there is no more you can do there.
and since you are using windows 7 there is not much you can do.

My recommendation is disable XMP, I will presume that you have 3604 bios. and last know drivers from chip set and intel management.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Hal error are on windows issues with memory corruption. since windows 7 does not have any more patches aside of security and done by XMAS. there is no more you can do there.
and since you are using windows 7 there is not much you can do.

My recommendation is disable XMP, I will presume that you have 3604 bios. and last know drivers from chip set and intel management.

Since i can see also you have ntoskrnl trhe fix most of the time are drivers and bios.

perform memtest on dos (usb bootable) and check memory.
Learn, Play Enjoy!