Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Vlada011
Level 10
People with Pascal architecture I seriosly advice you to stay on 3xx drivers.
And people with Kepler, probably even Maxwell.
You will find nothing with 4xx drivers except lower score.

I revert on 399.24 driver and 1.6.7.0 GPU Tweak II because on newest GPU Tweak LED on my GPU blink after every change in software, fan profile, fan speed, etc...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I might have to test that out myself....Nate got slightly improving scores over time...

Vlada011
Level 10
I doubt performance are decreased visibly but when I installed driver 417.01 newest and after windows boot for milisecond I saw like something colorful, before windows boot and screen show up. But that was such fast that I almost didn't notice, I immediately knew NEW DRIVER is not good.
Because I had exactly same situation in life with drivers later confirmed as bad. But all scores pass and card worked 2-3 days and when I saw Hotfix I decide to remove 417.01 and not to play any more with hotfix and revert to 399.24 WHQL last driver before RTX2080/RTX2080Ti when everything was good for Maxwell and Pascal. Kepler had problems with last 6-7 drivers, similar mess and I use some older last before Pascal show up I think. 🙂

I belive i saw this... but that was so fast that I didn't saw on whole screen only in middle before Windows boot and picture show up...
It was not in same time with picture, moment between Windows Logo turn to Desktop, almost like in background

I cleaned driver and boot to Windows and while I wait to download 399.24 Windows Update nicely installed own driver and 3D and some madness. When I saw that picture blink I run in control panel and there new drivers. And force me to disconnect Internet, to clean again and install 399.24.
I mean MS become wild and agressive, they install alone drivers just like that, you have no time to prepare driver after clean previous new is installed.

399.24 is confirmly good and working driver and stable.
I doubt NVIDIA have special intention to improve Pascal now when they need to drop price of Turing and need ever percent of performance, every fps difference in comparison with GTX1080Ti helped them to force customers on upgrade.
If they success to get 23 fps instead 19, and GTX1080Ti have 15-16 situation is immediately difference and customers look different.

Vlada011 wrote:
I mean MS become wild and agressive, they install alone drivers just like that, you have no time to prepare driver after clean previous new is installed.

Yeah, that sucks!

I don't get that corrupted flash here...don't want to see that!

toronto699
Level 13
Vlada011 , I Can Also Confirm Your Background Between Windows Logo To Desktop Image , Its Does Happen Very Fast , Its Like A GPU Failure Symptom With the Driver 417.01 ,
Also Happens With Hot Fix 417.21 On Bootup or Restart