cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new 4k screen

Psycrow
Level 11
I want to show you all my screen and have ur opinion.

First of all..Here is my ips glow and i want to hear how bad or decent it is looking since all ips monitors has it and some worse than others.
But i find my ips glow not so bad again. The picture looks worse since cams makes it looks worse. So its not that bad to look at. I will just avoid using black desktop walpapers or play very dark and scary games 😄

I basicly only have the glow in the 2 top corners and they are not even that bright to look at with the variable backlight off
It could look like 2 dim spotlights casting a bit of light from each top corners

It kind of looks like a heart 😛

Then the next thing is the fan you can hear..i guess its a thing we must adapt to listen to since its there !
It could be less noise DB. So im not sure if asus cheaped out on that fan or how good/bad it is. I dont hear it when i play games or listen to music ofc but when you sit there silent night and read on forums, then you hear it. But again maybe over time you will not listen to it anymore because you adapted to the sound it makes

Finaly im usimg 2 x 970 gtx sli and i cant go up more then 98 hz 8 bit 4k and HDR is not available.
So we need a +1000 serie card at least. Im getting the 2080 ti rtx soon in 2019

BTW what screen mode is the best ?
Im using sRGB since it gives a clear and bright screen. It was set to race mode at first but i dont play race games 😛
19 REPLIES 19

Psycrow
Level 11
Bump

panzlock
Level 12
This looks fine to me. My monitor has more prominent BLB by comparison, right near the corners and two edges of the screen. But when playing a game or watching a film with dark scenery/background I don't notice anything, or at least it doesn't irritate me enough to care.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Psycrow
Level 11
Allright 🙂 thanks for you feedback. and yes i guess i was lucky with the ips glow compared

Psycrow
Level 11
And there is a dead pixel on my screen....Hello RMA

Psycrow
Level 11
Update 😄

I returned the dead pixel screen to the store within my 60 days regret time...phew !
And i got a new screen that seems to be dead pixel free for now..

Here you can see the ips glow and compare with the old screen..i dont know if you can call it better or worse..overall i think its the same..just another pattern.

The first screen looked like a heart sort of.
Again the camera makes it looks worse than it is..but it amps the pattern so you can see it.
And i dont play dark jumpscare games alot since i most play online games like Path of exile and warframe and league of legends.

1 screen

2 screen ( the new one)

If anyone can provide me some tips for a good screen setup or what is best to have enabled and disabled or modes to get the best picture .

* It allmost looks like asus have the workers in the factory to sit on all the screens while they have a break for chairs..

panzlock
Level 12
Second screen looks no better, nor worse.

I'd return it for a dead pixel. But again if the bleed is bearable, I live with it.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Second screen looks no better, nor worse.

I'd return it for a dead pixel. But again if the bleed is bearable, I live with it.

I returned the screen and got the second new one . But amazingly..this screen also has a dead pixel.
Now i payd around 2200 eu for this crappy screen that Asus cant even make dead pixel free.

How can Asus fail so hard ?

FAILSUS !!

Here is a joke from my creative friends Hahahaha !

Psycrow
Level 11
Here is a joke from my creative friends