Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey look, another week goes by and no answers, AWESOME!

Straight from the orginal RMA email:
    "RMA process is approximately 10 business days"

Looking at over 60 days since the original RMA.
    i7 4930k - Rampage IV Black Edition, CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB, EVGA GTX 780 Classified Three 27" Screens, Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm, ASUS Xonar Essence STX / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

ROG Enthusiast Array

So Mason and myself have come to an agreement.

Since they do not have anymore Matrix cards I will be accepting a card that is worth $40 less (not including what I have spent on shipping) than what I spent on my Matrix (from the same retailer). But after the other card that was offered was worth even less and I tried to debate for a card at the same price point from what I paid (unsuccessfully) I decided to just accept and bring this to an end.

I still thank Mason for at least getting me something.

Nothing has shipped to me yet so I will not call this resolved yet.

I would advise anyone else looking to buy a similar product to always purchase any additional warranties the retailer offers.
    Last edited by Need-To-Know; 02-28-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    i7 4930k - Rampage IV Black Edition, CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB, EVGA GTX 780 Classified Three 27" Screens, Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm, ASUS Xonar Essence STX / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Hyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Need-To-Know View Post
    So Mason and myself have come to an agreement.

Since they do not have anymore Matrix cards I will be accepting a card that is worth $40 less (not including what I have spent on shipping) than what I spent on my Matrix (from the same retailer). But after the other card that was offered was worth even less and I tried to debate for a card at the same price point from what I paid (unsuccessfully) I decided to just accept and bring this to an end.

I still thank Mason for at least getting me something.

Nothing has shipped to me yet so I will not call this resolved yet.

I would advise anyone else looking to buy a similar product to always purchase any additional warranties the retailer offers.
    Now there is customer support for you ....................................... NOT !

2 months of heartache and have to accept a lesser product , way to go ASUS

Banned Array

AWESOME! Tell them to keep it and replace it with an 7970 or a 680 when it gets released!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cravinmild's Avatar

Im sorry to hear this. Not what i would consiter to be an acceptable conclusion. Im sure your frustrated also. I hope that the new card is good to you though, bad luck with the last one, it happens. I recived a seasonic 1000w platinum not long ago that was DOA, it was more money out of pocket once all was said and done.

I agree that a better alternative would have been a 7970 or the new 680 as both are the top end as was the card you bought, that would have been a fair comparison.....or your money back. From what was said I was under the assumption that there were cards held back for RMA purposes but it seems that was not entirely true. I think ASUS could have done better by you on this, I pray that i am not in your situation with my card if it ever fails on me.

Kutos to you, you were most accomitdating and well spoken though it all, for that you should be proud. I for one do not think i would have been the same and most certainly have said things that i could not take back and regret saying. +reps to you for your handling of this situation.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post
    From what was said I was under the assumption that there were cards held back for RMA purposes but it seems that was not entirely true. .
    That's the way the thing work, they produce, sell and after it's discontinued. Even Microsoft do the same ( and it's far more easy to copy a software than make a limited edition GPU )

ROG Enthusiast Array

I received my replacement card today. It is a new HD7950-DC2T. A good card but not nearly as sexy as the Matrix.

Yeah I tried for the 7970 but they would not do it. Here is the response:
    "Normally, we don't give new cards as replacement since that's not the warranty policy. It would either be repaired or the replacement would be refurbished"
    The other option I was given was:
    "wait to see if we get stock on a GTX 580 which could be likely in the next couple of weeks"
    While I can agree that maybe policy for general RMA service after a company drops the ball...loses the ball - maybe bend some of those policies a bit more.....IMO.

I had waited too long so went with option 1.

Frustrating....yes very but right now I am just soooo happy to look at a real card in my system. I have not been able to play BF3 (main game we play) since Thanksgiving last year.

So tonight it is party time for me as I have listened to my friends playing for months now and could not join in.

I do offer this advice for anyone who wants to take it:

1 - Buy the additional warranties the retailer offers for any Asus product!!
    Newegg would have had another card to me in days - instead of months. Newegg rocks!

2 - Do not be passive in the process of your RMA (like I was). Nothing actually ever happened except on the days I emailed someone at Asus. I tried to be patient and only email once every 7 days, but those where the only times when anyone made any moves.
    If they say "We need to check stock and will get back to you" they never did for me - contact them back the next day.
    Remember - "The squeaky wheel gets the most oil"

3 - Mason is the only one who seems to be able to get ANYTHING done at the company. I went through service reps and escalation reps, none of them did anything or ever contacted me back when they said they would.
    Mason is a company man though = while Asus could have given me something on the same price point and I even offered to pay the $70 extra for the 7970 instead of taking a $40 loss - they would not do it.....odd for a company that makes billions in sales trying to save those few little dollars (IMO) after such a failure of service as this was?

4 - Try to not go totally insane while going through this. I came so close to going postal on someone (if i could find who bent my card up I would have) If it had been something cheaper like a mouse I could have just bought another one, but when someone forks out 550 bucks for a video card it is hard to just pop down for another one.
    Asus gets top honors for great products (most of the time) - but will always serve in my memory as the worst service I have ever received. (no tip)
    Last edited by Need-To-Know; 03-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

In my hearth, You deserved a 7970

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks buddy,

It actually does help a lot getting support and understanding from others.

Just got the card installed and heading for the Battlefield!

Get to test out my new R.A.T. 7 mouse and the extra memory I added too.

Look at me I am on a real computer again - HURRAY!

Asus no hard feelings but I would not turn down another 7950 for crossfire..... LOL

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cravinmild's Avatar

Glad to see you gaming again, if you want pm me for my username on bf3 and we can do some orgainized killing WOOT.

The ra7 is an amazing mouse albeit some tracking issues on the 5600dpi ones. I dont think the newer 6400dpi models have the issue. I was in a "I want a new mouse' phase and ive just returned my Rat 7 after a weeks trial. Fantastic in every way.....but one. There is a new rat 7 out now, the RAT MMO 7. Its a mmo mouse crammed with buttons, 6400dpi, all the customization of the rat 7, bigger, badder and sexier . IF not for the those reasons id still have it right now. I tried a few logitech ones and the Razer Naga also but returned all them too. There are a few with the mouse now but i got my preoreder in late so im still waiting on a new factory shipment. Utube this mouse if you want but i dont know if you can handle anymore disapointment at this point.

WOOT BF3

Guess we wont be seeing you around in the Geforce section anymore but pop in from time to time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast