cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response on my RMA

Need-To-Know
Level 8
Can someone please tell me who to contact at Asus to look into my RMA case for a GTX 580 Matrix?

My "Customer Service Center" will not respond to emails or answer the phone (always busy) for inquires about my RMA.
(I have not badgered/spammed them but only asked three times in the last 30 days)

My video card was originally sent in on an RMA and then returned to me with physical damage from the RMA facility. I took pictures and contacted Customer Service Center and was issued another RMA.

I sent my card back in. I tracked the package and it was signed for at the repair facility however the Asus support site says: System can't find records of your inquiry.

I contacted the "Customer Service Center" rep that issued the RMA to find out the status and he said he would get back to me but never has.
Then last week I received another RMA authorization, but the card has already been sent in and signed for at the repair facility two weeks ago.

Also I was told that my card that was physically damaged by the repair facility from the previous RMA can not be replaced due to no more stock.

I have always been patient and polite but this is getting ridiculous. At least give me some status up date. This has been going on for months.

I just want some help, that's all.

Since purchasing 4 months ago I have hardly used the card.

Last time card was returned to me in this condition:

i7 4930k - Rampage IV Black Edition, CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB, EVGA GTX 780 Classified Three 27" Screens, Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm, ASUS Xonar Essence STX / Windows 7 Ultimate 64
33 REPLIES 33

dstrakele
Level 14
I would PM Mason@ASUS to see if he can offer you assistance with your issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Need-To-Know
Level 8
Thanks I will look for his PM box.
i7 4930k - Rampage IV Black Edition, CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB, EVGA GTX 780 Classified Three 27" Screens, Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm, ASUS Xonar Essence STX / Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Retired
Not applicable
Once again.........

not good in ANY way.............................................................................

Hope this will be solved..

If this was happening to me, and all you saying is true, i would NEVER buy another product from that vendor........

And i would not have accepted that answer................

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is totally unacceptable. Mason@ASUS is a good place to start.

I will bring this thread to folks at HQ Taiwan's attention.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Need-To-Know
Level 8
Ahhh, You have absolutely no idea how much I appreciate that HiVizMan.

It has been a dramatic experience that I have always tried to be polite about.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I just PMed Mason.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Need-To-Know....Welcome New ROG Member....

You have come to right place... could not have been more polite...
only seek what is right .... and help?

Your On....and look...you have already made some friends. Bonus.
Dont forget to come back and play when you get your ROGon...
its only time now..my friend..(580..u lucky ROGr)c.

Need-To-Know
Level 8
Thanks for the welcome chrsplmr!

You have quite an up beat view of things. I too want to be an Asus evangelist. I write/admin on other Forums and want to say Asus took care of this problem.

At least here I have encouragement that someone might respond to my RMA. And the fact that maybe people a little higher up in Asus will take notice and not let this happen to others offers a bit of encouragement.

I built a great system that cost thousands and still, in three months, I have not used it while I wait for a video card. I sit with a huge Corsair Obsidian 800D next to me fully built but still have to use my laptop.

The idea that the card will only be repaired and not replaced also does not seem fair. I would take a card of equal value or some alternative....any alternative. I am easy just let me have something...please.
And at this point without any communications from anyone at Asus I wonder what is going on and should I look to budget for another card...?

@grottslampan - I love Asus products and my system has a great Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME motherboard, dvd & sound card. I know they are the best of the best and would love to upgrade again to their next gen of boards. But I am holding to see what the outcome of all of this is. All of my OC/Teamspeak friends have Asus products.
What I say is true. I only want my card - no reason to make up anything - it would serve no purpose. The only things left out are the amount of times I have to contact the service center before I get any answers. Also I used the "Escalation Mailbox" about my RMA problems - I never heard back from them either.....?

I will post back here on what happens.

My System:
i7 2600k sandy bridge @ 4.8 - CORSAIR H80, ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0), CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB, GTX 580 Matrix Asus ROG (On RMA), Obsidian 800D, COOLER MASTER 1000w Gold Series, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 2x -WD 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb 64mb cache/ Raid 0, 2x - VelociRaptor 10000 rpm Raid 0, Asus Xonar Essence / TrackIR5 / Thrustmaster Cougar / VAC /Saitek Cyborg, Windows 7 Ultimate 64

chrsplmr
Level 18
Waiting is the hardest part of any RMA... and the board sitting next to you..
calling you.... ROGme...... adds to the pain.... yea... we know. we all know...
it happens... from time to time. This too shall pass.

This WILL be resolved... worry not one more second.
I too once..had a unsettleing RMA experience ... (thats
why i ROG now..) and felt that... well i paid for a NEW one..
and now i have a 'repaired' one... is that fair ?
hahahahhahaa....
you know what i know now ?
My 'repaired' one... had the personal undivided attention
of an official ROG tech .... (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)..
and in my view...is therefore officially ROG certified...
im trying to say .... it not only runs... it runs like a graped ape.
as opposed to a NEW one made by a
Monday Morning Factory Worker ???? Geee, what was their weekend like ???

Relax... look at that corsair and smile .... wait til ur mates get a load of that thing..hahhaaa
then when YOU are ready to upgrade..... sell it to them..ehhee.

If you pm'd Mason ... it is only a matter of .... shudder ... ugh..... time.c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Any update to this mate?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.