Level 7
this display got a driver

https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27UQ/HelpDesk_Download/

i have no idea how to use it though
9 REPLIES 9

btrach144
Level 7
There are two steps to use it.

1. Right click the windows logo and go to devices. Expand displays. Go to the driver tab and import the .inf file.
2. Search for color settings in the control panel. Import the color profile.

Good to go!*

btrach144 wrote:
There are two steps to use it.

1. Right click the windows logo and go to devices. Expand displays. Go to the driver tab and import the .inf file.
2. Search for color settings in the control panel. Import the color profile.

Good to go!*

Question.
1) So if this 11/29/18 new driver on the page listed is installed does that override the one that came on the CD or do we install the CD anyway 1st?

2) What benefits are in the new driver?

3) Will we receive firmware update alerts or must we always refer occasionally to the product support update page going forward?

4) Are all updates done via the PC only or do we insert a USB directly into the PG27UQ?

My OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks!

Sprayingmango
Level 10
This is great. Are there similar drivers for the PG279Q or PG278Q?*

How exactly do you install the driver?

What exactly will the driver do for the monitor?

Thank you.

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
This didn't solve the darkness of the monitor at 144hz for me. I would like a detailed tutorial posted to ensure I didn't miss something.

Kommando Kodiak wrote:
This didn't solve the darkness of the monitor at 144hz for me. I would like a detailed tutorial posted to ensure I didn't miss something.

It's not meant for this purpose. The driver is useless, it just tells the OS what model of a monitor you have and gives it a color profile which is useless, too since all panels are slightly different.

The issue at 144Hz gets solved by a firmware update.

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
Oh I thought this was the promised fix. Plz asus release the utility tool ot update the firmware.

Psycrow
Level 11
What was the 144 issue again ?
why did we ned a new fimware ?

Kommando_Kodiak
Level 7
I've heard it described as "black crush" but all it really is is in 144 mode the screen is too dark.